Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only point is that it isn't 100% without risk and to say so is ignorant
Just being alive is a risk. I mean, my aunt was ill afterwards, another relative was also ill. We all know that there can be side effects, so if that's the "risk" you're speaking of, you're correct.

I don't care if people have doubts. I don't care if people don't get it. Speculating about the unknown and what impacts it may have 20-30 years down the line is ridiculous though, and not a legitimate excuse. Frankly, pure laziness is a better reason not to get it than ambiguous concerns about the future.

Just being alive is a risk. I mean, my aunt was ill afterwards, another relative was also ill. We all know that there can be side effects, so if that's the "risk" you're speaking of, you're correct.

I don't care if people have doubts. I don't care if people don't get it. Speculating about the unknown and what impacts it may have 20-30 years down the line is ridiculous though, and not a legitimate excuse. Frankly, pure laziness is a better reason not to get it than ambiguous concerns about the future.
Let's just play devil's advocate
theres a 40% chance you got the virus and didn't know it.
There's a .01% chance you'll die from something you have 40% chance of not needing. (Negligible? Absolutely. It is greater than 0 though)
Would you knowingly risk dying (suprise reaction to egg injections or something off the wall random) if you are in the 40% I might not even know I have it?
Should they do an antibody test before issuing the vaccine to negate risk?

Also this isn't new tech, you are right. It's the first time it's being widely used.

I'm putting up asbestos insulation so I'll have to read your response later

Absolutely safe

the fda has cleared it. That’s what authorization means.
Emergency Authorization isn't the same as being approved. FDA link The vaccine hasnt been fully test nor approved by the FDA. It literally is defined as an unapproved drug. I fault no one for being skeptical of a medicine which has no long term studies. And before you get start in with anti-science or anti-vaxxer bullshit, I got my Pfizer shot.

Emergency Authorization isn't the same as being approved. FDA link The vaccine hasnt been fully test nor approved by the FDA. It literally is defined as an unapproved drug. I fault no one for being skeptical of a medicine which has no long term studies. And before you get start in with anti-science or anti-vaxxer bullshit, I got my Pfizer shot.
That doesn't matter, everything is black and white, there is no room for reasoned thought, choice, or debate on anything. Don't you know this is America?

Nothing more American than the right to debate experts. ?
FDA has not cleared it. Do you need to review what a clearance is again?

I am actually shocked we still are talking about getting vaccinated. Can we talk about something more arousing? Gun control?

coronavirus is the safest virus out there. Between that and polio, sign me the fuck up.

Half a million deaths is 0.0015% of the us population..... what “pandemic”? I’ll take my 99.97% survival odds
Witt that logic ww2 doesn’t seem so bad

FDA has not cleared it. Do you need to review what a clearance is again?

I am actually shocked we still are talking about getting vaccinated. Can we talk about something more arousing? Gun control?

coronavirus is the safest virus out there. Between that and polio, sign me the fuck up.
This is shoot the shit thread sir. Talk about whatever you want!!!!

I dont mind, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink. When this whole vaccine thing went political and people stopped looking at the facts and instead turned to their political leaders I knew people would have their minds made up. I remember the thermaldahide babies and other things like agent orange that people were told were safe by their governments. I weighed my risk of COVID vs the unknown, short tested vaccine and im okay with that.
Agreed, and for a closer comparison google “1976 swine flu vaccine “ for a great example of the government telling everyone to take a quickly developed “safe vaccine “. See how that turned out. I took the COVID vaccine but I know there was risk there, I just decided for myself which was the greater risk. To try to shame and insult someone who makes the opposite choice is so very progressive ( Marxist ).

Anyone out there have a family and looking to buy a new car? If so, what are you thinking about getting?

1 kid, lookin into a subaru ascent for the wife, Still researching, purchase still a handful of months out.
Seems nightmarish to cross the threshold into a mini van, and personally I don’t like the ‘pudgy wagon‘ category. I’d go Tahoe or Yukon.

Before I got in, I worked in STEM. Whatever your position on this vaccine (I’m very pro-vax or whatever), if you’re depending on the FDA to make adequate regulation choices, I have some bad news.

1 kid, lookin into a subaru ascent for the wife, Still researching, purchase still a handful of months out.
Subaru is nice. I have 2, one on the way. Looking at a minivan. (Yeah I can’t stay off her) Damn things cost as much as suvs

I got the wife to agree. Then she saw the 7 seater trunk space. Ruined it. I was stoked!

Seems nightmarish to cross the threshold into a mini van, and personally I don’t like the ‘pudgy wagon‘ category. I’d go Tahoe or Yukon.
Maybe I’m already passed it but the minivan grew on me when I opened the back door. Tahoe is pushing 60k. Minivan is 40-50k. When the hell did a minivan hit 40k?!

Wife also hates the minivans, as do I, she likes the pudgy wagons though. I wouldn't want it for my personal car but as the kid hauler road trip machine..... Happy wife happy life and all that jazz.
Subaru is nice. I have 2, one on the way. Looking at a minivan. (Yeah I can’t stay off her) Damn things cost as much as suvs

Maybe I’m already passed it but the minivan grew on me when I opened the back door. Tahoe is pushing 60k. Minivan is 40-50k. When the hell did a minivan hit 40k?!
I guess minivans hit 40k about the same time a reasonably equipped pickup hit 65.

Shit is bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom