Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely is, it has been a ton of help to be honest. We have had multiple instructors over the last year and at first we only listened to the traffic and the instructor would pause and talk about what is going on and why a controller did a certain thing. Then we got a new instructor and they would play one sector from each area we had a trainee for and they would question us about LOA/SOP shit as well as the abutting area trainees if the info would apply.

Only just now realizing how very wide the gap is between facilities in how much virtual training has been attempted in the last year.

It just sounds so much more structured and (hopefully) useful than what I've heard of elsewhere. I think an endless loop of useless seems most common, some facilities haven't done much of anything, and some are apparently trying to do the best they can manage.

It just sounds so much more structured and (hopefully) useful than what I've heard of elsewhere. I think an endless loop of useless seems most common, some facilities haven't done much of anything, and some are apparently trying to do the best they can manage.
I have spoken to trainees at other Z's and they have done less. I feel like my facility has done more, but in the beginning it honestly felt like we would be in an endless loop of the powerpoints. Once that instructor was called back into the building we got a CPC that lost their med who had no desire to teach the powerpoints so that's when we got into falcons. My group is on our 5th "permanent" instructor now.

Ours does like 1 day a month of power points and the rest is self study. Then they all got told they can come back if they are vaccinated and like none of them are vaccinated. Lol.

It's just amazing to me how in every single solitary video I see, somebody isn't obeying a lawful order. I have yet to see one incident where the perpetrator was doing exactly as asked and got injured/killed. Floyd was resisting arrest, the Army guy wasn't following commands, and the Minnesota dude tried to run. How hard is it to follow an order and move as slowly and precisely as possible?
Go watch the video of Daniel Shaver being shot. Or the dude I think in Philly.

It's just amazing to me how in every single solitary video I see, somebody isn't obeying a lawful order. I have yet to see one incident where the perpetrator was doing exactly as asked and got injured/killed. Floyd was resisting arrest, the Army guy wasn't following commands, and the Minnesota dude tried to run. How hard is it to follow an order and move as slowly and precisely as possible?

Ah the typical bigoted response. You see, here in America the police aren't supposed to be judge, jury, and executioner. How about the Daniel Shaver murder. Dude did everything the cop asked of him and they still murder him while he's crawling on the floor begging for his life. Im guessing youll just say that it's his own fault he had the cops called on him. Go watch the unedited video and tell me how that dude deserved to be murdered by some dumbass cop. Of course the cop goes on leave for a bit and gets a medical retirement for PTSD and pension for the rest of his life.

Victim blaming by bigots and racists is always fucking hilarious. I bet you think Breonna Taylor deserved to die because she knew a criminal.

Last edited:
His life could have been saved if he didn't try to get back in the car and resist arrest.
What in the FUCK kind of world are you living in where the mere charge of resisting arrest deserves instantaneous cop-applied trial, judgement, and sentencing to execution? What in the actual fuck?

Am I reading the new MOU right? All the chubbo cpc EA scammers that have gotten over a year off from work at full pay now get to carry over more use or lose or get back any leave they were forced to take last year? So in effect they will have more leave for essentially as long as they want compared to those of us that showed up to work the entire time?

Am I reading the new MOU right? All the chubbo cpc EA scammers that have gotten over a year off from work at full pay now get to carry over more use or lose or get back any leave they were forced to take last year? So in effect they will have more leave for essentially as long as they want compared to those of us that showed up to work the entire time?
Yes you read that correctly.

Yep, pretty lame.

What in the FUCK kind of world are you living in where the mere charge of resisting arrest deserves instantaneous cop-applied trial, judgement, and sentencing to execution? What in the actual fuck?
Why can’t we acknowledge that both are true. It is absolutely true that resisting arrest should not be a death sentence. It is also undeniably true that if you do not resist arrest your chances of dying at the hands of law enforcement is almost zero. The BLM folks could save lives in a real way by urging young men to not resist. Lebron could make a real difference by mixing in that thought along with his pleas for social justice. Unfortunately the left is too wrapped up in using the racial animus rather than solving problems in a real way. By the way I have previously seen the Daniel Shaver video. It was the saddest video I believe I have ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom