Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, we are beyond the powerpoints now and have been on falcons for a while.
Not to burst your bubble but if I was home and they sent me a 2 hour session each day of normal traffic, listening to controllers actually doing the live traffic, with audio of course, that would be beneficial IMO. I’d rather do that than death by PowerPoint.

Oh thirty-twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is the one without mRNA right that the FDA said emergency use but not approved right??? Sorry I’m spreading wrong information again...
I came here specifically for this post.

In before "its one in a million, ya I know that's worse than your chance of dying of covid if you are young and healthy but reddit said I must demand you get the vaccine or I'm not signaling my virtue enough"

I came here specifically for this post.

In before "its one in a million, ya I know that's worse than your chance of dying of covid if you are young and healthy but reddit said I must demand you get the vaccine or I'm not signaling my virtue enough"
NOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST NOT GET THE HECKIN VACCINERINOOO ITS LITERALLY BACKED BY SCIENCE
EAFBE8BC-A4E2-4DCD-A9C6-D092E35E257A.jpeg

Not to burst your bubble but if I was home and they sent me a 2 hour session each day of normal traffic, listening to controllers actually doing the live traffic, with audio of course, that would be beneficial IMO. I’d rather do that than death by PowerPoint.
It absolutely is, it has been a ton of help to be honest. We have had multiple instructors over the last year and at first we only listened to the traffic and the instructor would pause and talk about what is going on and why a controller did a certain thing. Then we got a new instructor and they would play one sector from each area we had a trainee for and they would question us about LOA/SOP shit as well as the abutting area trainees if the info would apply.

Guess we’ll just have millions die instead?

im just gonna go full Ben Shapiro response. This is a nothing burger.

In hopes of starting a different argument to divert from me get pwn3d. Anyone worried about all this qualified immunity talk since the police keep killing ppl?

People want qualified immunity to go away for cops. But qualified immunity also protects atc
Full disclosure, haven't done any research, speaking out of my ass. Even if removing QI for police means removing QI for ATC (does it?), it seems to me "I shot a fleeing suspect because I'm a scaredy-cat little bitch" and "I made a judgement call and two planes traded paint" are somewhat different.

Full disclosure, haven't done any research, speaking out of my ass. Even if removing QI for police means removing QI for ATC (does it?), it seems to me "I shot a fleeing suspect because I'm a scaredy-cat little bitch" and "I made a judgement call and two planes traded paint" are somewhat different.
Idk. I could see some big crusade against qualified immunity for government employees or something. Maybe not.

People want qualified immunity to go away for cops. But qualified immunity also protects atc
I would think they would change qualified immunity to no longer apply to police specifically, or at least be more specific in what it does/doesn't protect. I haven't heard or read anything about the current discussion though.

I would also venture to say that the most recent killing would definitely not protect the officer since it has already been clearly identified as negligence. However, I don't know what kind of punishment they would get out of that.

Wait we are allowed to apply logic and reason to a question and differentiate between 2 vastly different things that are covered under the same umbrella?

How the hell has no one thought of this before?

Wait we are allowed to apply logic and reason to a question and differentiate between 2 vastly different things that are covered under the same umbrella?

How the hell has no one thought of this before?
Nuanced discussion is discouraged in America. When there is an array of options you can only choose the most extreme black or white answer possible.

Don’t need much research to know federal and municipal government aren’t the same.

I know the original question was in the context of ‘slippery slope’, but there’s 0% chance that any current situation removes federal qualified immunity.

In hopes of starting a different argument to divert from me get pwn3d. Anyone worried about all this qualified immunity talk since the police keep killing ppl?

It's just amazing to me how in every single solitary video I see, somebody isn't obeying a lawful order. I have yet to see one incident where the perpetrator was doing exactly as asked and got injured/killed. Floyd was resisting arrest, the Army guy wasn't following commands, and the Minnesota dude tried to run. How hard is it to follow an order and move as slowly and precisely as possible?

It's just amazing to me how in every single solitary video I see, somebody isn't obeying a lawful order. I have yet to see one incident where the perpetrator was doing exactly as asked and got injured/killed. Floyd was resisting arrest, the Army guy wasn't following commands, and the Minnesota dude tried to run. How hard is it to follow an order and move as slowly and precisely as possible?
Lol your backing the chick that can’t tell the difference between a taser and a gun?

What about the army guy that got pepper sprayed. I think the debate is about use of force during arrests. The cop being disobeyed isn’t a license to kill.

Lol your backing the chick that can’t tell the difference between a taser and a gun?
I'm not really backing anybody, but if you don't try to run while in police custody that situation never happens. His life could have been saved if he didn't try to get back in the car and resist arrest. It just seems like stupidity compounds on itself and everybody loses.

I'm not really backing anybody, but if you don't try to run while in police custody that situation never happens. His life could have been saved if he didn't try to get back in the car and resist arrest. It just seems like stupidity compounds on itself and everybody loses.
Cops aren’t the courts and have no right to determine if you should die, no matter if you disobey or not

Yah for sure. I don’t think anyone is mad thst Floyd got arrest. By sitting in the guy for 10:28 seconds when he said he couldn’t breath and was crying to help prolly wasn’t good.

the cops should let more people go and simply come arrest them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom