Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're ignoring that it was sold to the public as a preventative measure for both self and others. Vaccine shaming was done because people refusing to get it were going to infect others, while people who did get it would not. I could probably go through your posts and find dozens of vaccine shaming you've done under that very premise.

Changing the tune to "you need to get the vaccine because it saves yourself" would be the biggest goalpost move ever, if the mainstream Left adopts your silly flip flop.
I'm no expert, but from my understanding, vaccinated people are still far less likely to spread the delta variant than those who are unvaccinated, but not so much less that we can go back to our pre-covid behaviors. The vaccine still slows the spread, just not as much as would be ideal.

What do you mean? It was always said it prevented serious disease and death since day 1.

Obviously, that’s what a vaccine is. That doesn’t change the fact that it was pushed because it was billed to stop the spread of the virus. People weren’t getting on TV saying to get vaccinated to save themselves, they were saying to get vaccinated to save everyone else. Are you seriously denying that

And I wouldn’t say it’s proven that delta infects vaccinated people at the same rate as unvaccinated people. Not even close

Great. I didn’t make that claim, so enjoy fighting that straw man.

I posted this in the other thread, I’ll post it here too:

As the Associated Press notes, Walensky cited data from the last few days, still unpublished, taken from 100 samples from vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with COVID infections. They found that the amount of virus in the noses and throats of vaccinated infected people was nearly "indistinguishable" from what was found in unvaccinated people, confirming what some experts have suspected. The increased viral load associated with the Delta variant appears to make vaccinated people equal spreaders of the virus.

I'm no expert, but from my understanding, vaccinated people are still far less likely to spread the delta variant than those who are unvaccinated, but not so much less that we can go back to our pre-covid behaviors. The vaccine still slows the spread, just not as much as would be ideal.
That’s incorrect, based on data above. They’re at least as likely to spread it, but possibly even more so:

NBC News, citing unnamed officials aware of the decision, reported it comes after new data suggests vaccinated individuals could have higher levels of virus and infect others amid the surge of cases driven by the delta variant of the coronavirus.

Last edited:
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching NBC Nightly News right now.

Edit: can't find a link to video yet. But, FAA ATC hiring story about how they want gamers. The "controllers" they interviewed are both supes. One plays Madden to hone her skills.

Can't wait to start playing Madden at work while on eLMS duty.

Edit: can't find a link to video yet. But, FAA ATC hiring story about how they want gamers. The "controllers" they interviewed are both supes. One plays Madden to hone her skills.

In my end of performance eval I'm requesting Skill enhancement training ( or whatever it's called now) to be provided via a government Xbox.

Man, I can’t even read your posts w/o cracking up visualizing AlGore as ManBearPig ?

"Every federal government employee will be asked to attest to their vaccination status. Anyone who does not attest will be required to mask no matter where they work and test 1-2 times a week, socially distance, and will generally not be allowed to travel for work."

Attest

verb (used with object)
to bear witness to; certify; declare to be correct, true, or genuine; declare the truth of, in words or writing, especially affirm in an official capacity:

You're putting words in my mouth. I did get vaccinated, because I didn't want to wear a mask anymore, and I was told that getting vaccinated would stop the spread and get us back to normal. That has now been revealed to be a lie. I didn't give a shit about my personal health because I'm the cleanest person I know, as anyone whose worked with me can attest to. The betrayal to people like me is going to cause a huge backlash in future votes and requests to get booster shots.

The only logical thing to do at this point is to remove all of these mandates, mask and vaccine and otherwise, and treat Covid like the new normal it is. Vaccinate if you want to save yourself, but the whole "do it for grandma/society/herd vaccine immunity" argument has been revealed to be a total crock.
Millions of people didn't die from it before the vaccines became available in the first place, the survival rate has been over 99% since the beginning. When getting a vaccine literally gives you less than a 1% booster to survive (for most age groups), that's not a compelling argument.

Keep digging your hole, watching ideologies fall apart when new science invalidates them is one of the best kinds of schadenfreude.
It is political, when the only argument for injecting a non-FDA approved substance into your body is “you might feel better if you catch it.” Since they can’t argue that a vaccine stops the spread to others anymore, it’s purely an ideological, political argument.

What’s worse, maybe vaccinated people should be the ones forced on lockdown now:

What a world we live in.
Obviously, that’s what a vaccine is. That doesn’t change the fact that it was pushed because it was billed to stop the spread of the virus. People weren’t getting on TV saying to get vaccinated to save themselves, they were saying to get vaccinated to save everyone else. Are you seriously denying that

Great. I didn’t make that claim, so enjoy fighting that straw man.

I posted this in the other thread, I’ll post it here too:

That’s incorrect, based on data above. They’re at least as likely to spread it, but possibly even more so:

"Great. I didn’t make that claim, so enjoy fighting that straw man." ---actually, the straw man was what you posted--- "Since they can’t argue that a vaccine stops the spread to others anymore" ---reduces spread, reduces illness, reduces death has always been the argument.

"the survival rate has been over 99% since the beginning", yes, this has always been about doing our best to save more than THREE MILLION LIVES.

"maybe vaccinated people should be the ones forced on lockdown now:"--- data suggests similar transmission rates regardless of viral load. Also something that this all conveniently ignores---this is OF THE BREAKTHROUGH INFECTIONS. Unfortunately, data on total breakthrough infections ended April 30, but data ending that date had strong implications that there are a shit ton fewer vaccinated people with breakthrough infections than there are infected unvaccinated people. (Recent Israeli study suggests less than 3% breakthrough rate). So even if a vaccinated individual were twice as likely to spread the virus, they're 30 times less likely to have the virus vs an unvaccinated person.

"I did get vaccinated, because I didn't want to wear a mask anymore, and I was told"---- don't do anything based on what you're told. Do it based on available, reliable, consistent data. That's why I got mine.

Anyway, yeah, the libs can take their masks and shove em, because I already did my part. Severe illness is too rare (far less than flu) in the vaccinated to justify these measures. And unless ICU capacity is crazy reduced like it was (haven't heard that in my state), then yes, we're moving the goalposts.

Just to reemphasize the most important part of all of this: since January 1st, there have been 850 reported deaths verified to be caused by covid among the vaccinated.
Since June 1st, there have been over 17,000 Covid deaths.

I think we have a winner.

Last edited:
342 daily deaths x 30 days= 10,260 total supposed June Covid-19 deaths.

Attachments

• C688452E-98AD-4E6D-A1AF-6E420EA3F15C.png
    C688452E-98AD-4E6D-A1AF-6E420EA3F15C.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 12
"Great. I didn’t make that claim, so enjoy fighting that straw man." ---actually, the straw man was what you posted--- "Since they can’t argue that a vaccine stops the spread to others anymore" ---reduces spread, reduces illness, reduces death has always been the argument.

Literally half of the results on there claim that the vaccine stops the spread, with the first result being the CDC’s website. Biden claimed a few days ago that this is a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.” It’s definitely not a straw man.

"the survival rate has been over 99% since the beginning", yes, this has always been about doing our best to save more than THREE MILLION LIVES.

…by shaming people who refuse to get a vaccine as the reason why it keeps spreading it. If the messaging were to get it to save your own life, and not to “think of your neighbor,” things would have been a lot different, but it wasn’t, and they weren’t.

"maybe vaccinated people should be the ones forced on lockdown now:"--- data suggests similar transmission rates regardless of viral load. Also something that this all conveniently ignores---this is OF THE BREAKTHROUGH INFECTIONS. Unfortunately, data on total breakthrough infections ended April 30, but data ending that date had strong implications that there are a shit ton fewer vaccinated people with breakthrough infections than there are infected unvaccinated people. (Recent Israeli study suggests less than 3% breakthrough rate). So even if a vaccinated individual were twice as likely to spread the virus, they're 30 times less likely to have the virus vs an unvaccinated person.

This literally just came out of Israel the other day, so I have no clue what you’re saying:

"I did get vaccinated, because I didn't want to wear a mask anymore, and I was told"---- don't do anything based on what you're told. Do it based on available, reliable, consistent data. That's why I got mine.

Sounds like the decisions the CDC made and publicized were not made on available, reliable, consistent data,

Anyway, yeah, the libs can take their masks and shove em, because I already did my part. Severe illness is too rare (far less than flu) in the vaccinated to justify these measures. And unless ICU capacity is crazy reduced like it was (haven't heard that in my state), then yes, we're moving the goalposts.
At least we can agree there.

342 daily deaths x 30 days= 10,260 total supposed June Covid-19 deaths.
If you were replying to what I wrote, note that I said "since June 1st" not just June deaths (reporting I believe ended on the 19th July.

Literally half of the results on there claim that the vaccine stops the spread, with the first result being the CDC’s website. Biden claimed a few days ago that this is a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.” It’s definitely not a straw man.

…by shaming people who refuse to get a vaccine as the reason why it keeps spreading it. If the messaging were to get it to save your own life, and not to “think of your neighbor,” things would have been a lot different, but it wasn’t, and they weren’t.

This literally just came out of Israel the other day, so I have no clue what you’re saying:

Sounds like the decisions the CDC made and publicized were not made on available, reliable, consistent data,

At least we can agree there.
"Biden claimed a few days ago that this is a “pandemic of the unvaccinated." was, is. Transmissibility doesn't change that.

"by shaming people who refuse to get a vaccine as the reason why it keeps spreading it." was, mostly is. Shaming is a just another day on the internet. I've never confronted anyone IRL on their vaccination status, never will. But start spouting off online about how the vaccine isn't safe and people are dying from it (not you, but other people), and yeah I've got some things to say.

"This literally just came out of Israel the other day, so I have no clue what you’re saying:" --- admittedly the article you shared is somewhat worry-some. Hopefully we learn it's not that bad, but at least effectiveness against serious illness remains very high. My reference to Israel was this: Israeli study finds 2.6% COVID breakthrough infection rate And here's a report from last week that suggests different regarding Delta: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891#article_citing_articles

"Sounds like the decisions the CDC made and publicized were not made on available, reliable, consistent data," they always do the best they can with the *available* data (and sometimes their best isn't good enough), but when they made these recommendations over the last several months, it's not like they had data from the future (the last week) in front of them. Just like their original decision to not recommend masks.

"At least we can agree there." - indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom