Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone’s side hustle? No I’m not asking about behind the 7-Eleven, or OnlyFans, I just have a lot of time on my hands outside work and would like to see what others do.

666 GIF

What is everyone’s side hustle? No I’m not asking about behind the 7-Eleven, or OnlyFans, I just have a lot of time on my hands outside work and would like to see what others do.
Looked into getting my realtor license but six day work weeks put that to an end

I know a few CPCs that door dash every now and then. I've been thinking about doing that just to get some extra cash for cars or house projects.

One of my biggest regrets over the years was selling our houses as we moved around. Several would have made great rentals.

one of the better side hustles I’ve seen lately is repurposing furniture. Look for used wood furniture at yard sales and thrift shops, clean and repaint it, and flip it for a profit.

if you’re young, especially if you’re single, house hacking. Look for a decent duplex and live in one side and rent the other side out. After a year you can buy another one, move into it, and rent both halves of the first one out. Repeat a few times and you’ve got several properties.

some people door dash and Uber.

Truthfully bartending is kind of a tough skill to learn but there are restaurants and events all the time. During recessions people go to bars more, they are everywhere, your sleep pattern is already jacked. Low commitment level.

It would be hard to keep a rental when you move more than halfway cross the country. I do think the duplex idea is great. I got a wife and kids so that ain’t happening
If your margin is high enough, you pay a rental agency to manage it and sit back.

the other option is looking for duplex or other properties that need some TLC, do the work yourself, and then rent them out. You just need a bigger down payment and end up paying a little more interest on an investment property.

I've thought about getting my real estate license after this current round of training, but I'm a shit salesman.

I've also thought thought about getting my captains license, buying a bigger, nicer boat and doing sunset cruise charters a few times a month and using that to pay for the boat, which is already a hobby of mine, so why not charge a hundred bucks a head for a few hours of doing something I already enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom