Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rentals were a great idea until Covid and them letting people stay without paying rent and not allowing evictions. I know multiple people who sold off properties just to be done with it. Too many people trying to scam the system paying no rent for 5+ months when they knew the tenant was working.

Rentals were a great idea until Covid and them letting people stay without paying rent and not allowing evictions. I know multiple people who sold off properties just to be done with it. Too many people trying to scam the system paying no rent for 5+ months when they knew the tenant was working.
Totally destroyed the whole housing market. No foreclosures either.

Notice how companies are buying them? It’s insane. If anything I’d say buy a house to anyone

I've thought about getting my real estate license after this current round of training, but I'm a shit salesman.

I've also thought thought about getting my captains license, buying a bigger, nicer boat and doing sunset cruise charters a few times a month and using that to pay for the boat, which is already a hobby of mine, so why not charge a hundred bucks a head for a few hours of doing something I already enjoy?
Actually turns the boat into a write off anyway. Dig into some of the tax rules on that.

Notice how companies are buying them? It’s insane. If anything I’d say buy a house to anyone
Wall Street is investing heavy in rentals.

I think you’d only be able to write off the percentage it’s used for business if you are also using it for pleasure.

Another giant tax shelter is network marketing.
My wife does it full time and makes almost as much as I do (she’s been doing it awhile)
We write off soooo much stuff

people shit on it because there’s bad companies out there. Through your clout behind something you believe in, don’t bullshit people, and don’t work with a company that is slimy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom