Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters because everyone is saying “go somewhere to move fast.” I’m saying there will be no moving for anyone not currently a FPL for a long long while. Instead, OP should pick somewhere that they’re content being stuck on AG pay at for a long long time.

if OP can go to somewhere within a days drive of “home” - id seriously consider doing that. Live at home, save money, and bunker down in case the “unthinkable” happens. No reason to move your life and get into a lease or mortgage not knowing what the future holds
How many extra storage freezers did you purchase for Y2K? 10 or 20?

you missed my point. There is no training to be had - so how can they be a quick checkout ? In this day in age, go somewhere you’re willing to spend your whole career. If they ever even get to train which at this point I doubt.
You know you don’t HAVE to do this job, right? You’re so hell bent on furloughs coming, start looking for a new job now. Or...maybe you enjoy getting paid not to work?

How many extra storage freezers did you purchase for Y2K? 10 or 20?
Millions. The same amount of boxes of TP I hoarded when COVID started.

You know you don’t HAVE to do this job, right? You’re so hell bent on furloughs coming, start looking for a new job now. Or...maybe you enjoy getting paid not to work?

if I PM you my address can you mail me some of the kool aid you’re sipping to make you believe this all ends happily ever after? If a certain entity who claims to have a lot of power in this gets their way, there won’t be training for years. There is absolutely positively no way the government continues to pay salaries of employees to sit at home and do nothing for years. Including yours. This thing has an expiration.

if I PM you my address can you mail me some of the kool aid you’re sipping to make you believe this all ends happily ever after? If a certain entity who claims to have a lot of power in this gets their way, there won’t be training for years. There is absolutely positively no way the government continues to pay salaries of employees to sit at home and do nothing for years. Including yours. This thing has an expiration.
I’ll send you some kool aid what flavor do you want

So do you have any sauce to back up these claims or are you just keeping up appearances.

So. Quit.

I’ll send you some kool aid what flavor do you want

Whatever flavor is full on delusion - the same flavor you’re clearly drinking.
CF - no hard evidence - but something is obviously up given NATCAs lack of communication and common sense. This isn’t sustainable forever.

So. Quit.

Why? Any trainee can get another job and still collect their FAA salary in the meantime ... no reason to preemptively quit. Back off the people who actually care enough to want to do the job and not just suck a paycheck

Whatever flavor is full on delusion - the same flavor you’re clearly drinking.
CF - no hard evidence - but something is obviously up given NATCAs lack of communication and common sense. This isn’t sustainable forever.

It's kind if like that awkward lame duck period when a trainee is washing out, suddenly people get all awkward around them and stop talking to them like normal humans. They don't ask where you livin, how's your family, what did you do last weekend, etc. You are more an NPC than a person w career aspirations. They are instructed to write gigantic training sheets and "document everything ". Its obvious to all when this is happening. Is this freezeout what's happening on a much larger scale maybe? The sound of silence. Simon & Garfunkel would be proud. ?♪

It's kind if like that awkward lame duck period when a trainee is washing out, suddenly people get all awkward around them and stop talking to them like normal humans. They don't ask where you livin, how's your family, what did you do last weekend, etc. You are more an NPC than a person w career aspirations. They are instructed to write gigantic training sheets and "document everything ". Its obvious to all when this is happening. Is this freezeout what's happening on a much larger scale maybe? The sound of silence. Simon & Garfunkel would be proud. ?♪

yup. And the zoom calls are basically like the being told to rip VFR strips in the office after your training has been suspended while you wait for the TRB recommendation.

yup. And the zoom calls are basically like the being told to rip VFR strips in the office after your training has been suspended while you wait for the TRB recommendation.

yeah and how many VFR strips could you really ever need for your level 4 tower? :lol:

I got stories about that! But I won’t post them here because 1) someone might identify the level 4 tower I work at. And 2) the mods would just delete it anyways (like they do most of my posts)

Mods should chill, listen to Shawn Mendes, and start to Treat You BEtter. You're the star of P65 Covid Era. Leonidas reborn, even if aaran34 laughs at the thought. that mile high air does funny thingz

I can’t wait to see how bitter you are in 20 years as you slowly learn the FAA continues to heap despair into your life year after year.

Ironically COVID's effect on training is the only reason this whiner will have a career. He would be long gone to the NEST by now if he was talking to airplanes in a normal training environment.

Ever seen a trainee that can't open their mouth without annoying everyone certify on the R side? Me neither.

Enjoy the free resets thanks to these training delays and change your initials to CV when you certify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom