Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are things going at those “reduced hours” facilities? Indications that they are going back to normal or shutting down? Wasn't stage 3 of the FAA COVID contingency plan to close small facilities temporarily? Wonder if those places are hearing more rumors of that or going back to normal.
We have an ajacent facility thats on reduced hours and schedule (still 10 off) we now take some of their airspace for 12 hours a day while they are closed and have to work normal days. What a crock of shit.

I wish they'd atleast get the Stage 4 trainees spooled up again, plenty of empty scopes to quick look from and stretch the plug to. There is some trainable traffic every so often.

I guess they want a national uniformed commencement of training. ??‍♂️
Don’t worry, we’ve been here working and not sitting at home, so the CPCs can get extra EA

I was in Brussels roughly a week after that attack and the one, at the same time, at the metro station. It is probably the strangest feeling I’ve ever felt. It is hard to describe the feeling of walking down the street and seeing Pandurs or whatever they’re called, machine guns nests set up around government buildings, riots (against Muslim immigration), et cetera and then never hearing a word of it outside of Belgium.

Took this from the Mask thread so as to be able to comment off topic.

If anyone has been to France or Germany lately it is much of the same. This article is pretty eye opening : France: Post-Pandemic Disaster?

Many cities there are becoming like the Molenbeek neighborhood in Brussels. Popular tourist question these days = "Where are all the French people?" . 751 zones urbaines sensibles ("sensitive areas") where the law is basically not enforced. France has been turned into a shithole. Germany trending that way. Macron is much more unpopular in France than Trump is here. Then again we have all out anarchy in Seattle and Portland! The slow death of Wester Civilization as we know it.

I thought about banging out last hitch cus I was literally being held over to make the scotch tape schedule work for that day.
Had multiple people volunteer directly to management to train, and they get told no every time. Masks, people volunteer to train, back on BWS with actual traffic and the answer is still 100% no

Had multiple people volunteer directly to management to train, and they get told no every time. Masks, people volunteer to train, back on BWS with actual traffic and the answer is still 100% no
I’m allowed to sit 2 feet from the r side to do coordination and give clearances for hours at a time tho ?

We have an ajacent facility thats on reduced hours and schedule (still 10 off) we now take some of their airspace for 12 hours a day while they are closed and have to work normal days. What a crock of shit.

sounds like a good place to transfer to!

I guess they want a national uniformed commencement of training. ??‍♂️

That’s how the FAA and NATCA work, all or nothing. We never ever use our TRACON (except for PARs we always work radar on the second tower scope) so we could easily be downstairs with the trainer and trainee two full scopes apart, which is more than how far we are working in the tower normally. But that would require delegating decision-making to the local level and I just don’t see that happening

I get not everyone is a successful trainee, and many of the current trainees are cpc-its, numbers alone state there are enough employed to meet the staffing needs. Current trainees plus certified is more than than the staffing numbers of every facility. hiring more only adds more trainees to a backlogged system that isn’t very good at training. But we all think we have a controller shortage.
In my opinion this is why many people hate the ncept because they don’t give a crap what the staffing is like at the place they are trying to leave nor should they. But both natca and the faa have a vested interest in keeping staffing at every facility at a sustainable level. But unfortunately the workforce is full of shit trainers to not keep up with the staffing needs and the faa does a shit job managing the training programs allowing miserable success rates at some and toxic cultures to continue for years on end.

Nevermind this 5+ month training wrinkle that’s bound to send even more chaos into an already completely screwed system.

What does it matter? Wherever they go will be the same training resumption date

It matters because everyone is saying “go somewhere to move fast.” I’m saying there will be no moving for anyone not currently a FPL for a long long while. Instead, OP should pick somewhere that they’re content being stuck on AG pay at for a long long time.

if OP can go to somewhere within a days drive of “home” - id seriously consider doing that. Live at home, save money, and bunker down in case the “unthinkable” happens. No reason to move your life and get into a lease or mortgage not knowing what the future holds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom