Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you say ...privatization? Gov’t printing money like it’s going out of style, people getting paid and not showing up to work for 5 months and looks like longer, election year...

Can you say ...privatization? Gov’t printing money like it’s going out of style, people getting paid and not showing up to work for 5 months and looks like longer, election year...
Anyone have any good articles to read about ATC privatization?

A trainee salary for a few thousand people in the FAA is a drop in the bucket compared to the TRILLIONS in federal stimulus Congress has passed in the last few months and will pass again in the next couple weeks. Think about unemployment for a minute. They’ve paid $600/week in unemployment benefits to around 30 million people nationwide for 4 months and you’re worried about maybe 4,000 Developmental Controller salaries? Give me a break.

A trainee salary for a few thousand people in the FAA is a drop in the bucket compared to the TRILLIONS in federal stimulus Congress has passed in the last few months and will pass again in the next couple weeks. Think about unemployment for a minute. They’ve paid $600/week in unemployment benefits to around 30 million people nationwide for 4 months and you’re worried about maybe 4,000 Developmental Controller salaries? Give me a break.
Obviously your new to gov’t work. It’s not just salaries that people look at, There are the benefits the govt pays on your behalf. Also, do you think the number of controllers is just picked out of a hat? No Congress ‘dictates’ how many controllers and OTCWF numbers the FAA can have. For arguments sake let’s say the total number is 14000 to run the NAS by federal employees. You think a private company can take over the FAA and make it work a lot better or more cost effective? Yup. TOP wouldn’t be ‘almost 4 hours a day’. Talk to some of the contract towers with what they earn and how often they work.
Yes trainees salary may be a drop in the bucket, but you have to look at the whole picture. Govt employees have never been treated with respect, and always used as a pawn. Expect when it gets out there people are staying home on full govt salaries, while unemployment benefits are cut, you better hope it’s only furloughs coming.

I obviously can't prove it - but I would be VERY shocked if someone hasn't asked why every industry is laying people off and the FAA continues to 1) pay people to sit at home and 2) hires more employees.

edit: and by "someone" I mean congress....

Obviously your new to gov’t work. It’s not just salaries that people look at, There are the benefits the govt pays on your behalf. Also, do you think the number of controllers is just picked out of a hat? No Congress ‘dictates’ how many controllers and OTCWF numbers the FAA can have. For arguments sake let’s say the total number is 14000 to run the NAS by federal employees. You think a private company can take over the FAA and make it work a lot better or more cost effective? Yup. TOP wouldn’t be ‘almost 4 hours a day’. Talk to some of the contract towers with what they earn and how often they work.
Yes trainees salary may be a drop in the bucket, but you have to look at the whole picture. Govt employees have never been treated with respect, and always used as a pawn. Expect when it gets out there people are staying home on full govt salaries, while unemployment benefits are cut, you better hope it’s only furloughs coming.
Or just le the poor fuckers go back to work

You’re clearly just pushing propaganda and the sky is falling bullshit. Not a snowballs chance In hell of a RIF or privatization.

I obviously can't prove it - but I would be VERY shocked if someone hasn't asked why every industry is laying people off and the FAA continues to 1) pay people to sit at home and 2) hires more employees.

edit: and by "someone" I mean congress....
Money is allocated per year. Year ends in October. It's be crazy for Congress to hose feds in an election year. We are protected this time

But furloughs aren't even gonna happen. Man, is the sky falling on some of you guys daily? I completely give up on explaining why literally none of that will happen. Just remember, these comments won't age well lol.

But furloughs aren't even gonna happen. Man, is the sky falling on some of you guys daily? I completely give up on explaining why literally none of that will happen. Just remember, these comments won't age well lol.

Personally I start my day off with a dab of self loathing followed by emotional abuse, then end it off with the existential dread.

You’re clearly just pushing propaganda and the sky is falling bullshit. Not a snowballs chance In hell of a RIF or privatization.
Nope. Being realistic. I see massive downsizing government wide. ATC would be one of the most valuable assets to get rid of. Gotta pay our gov’t debts somehow.

I would say they do. Who cares if comments age or not. I’m glad you give up explaining why stiff won’t happen. I forgot you were some big wig in Congress!

Nope. Being realistic. I see massive downsizing government wide. ATC would be one of the most valuable assets to get rid of. Gotta pay our gov’t debts somehow.
If by being “realistic” you mean “completely full of shit” then yes. This thing isn’t going to last forever, and you’re basically claiming that this is permanent. Total fear-mongering bullshit based on nothing but fear and ignorance. You’re taking rudimentary guesswork and stating it as fact, when you have no more idea than the rest of us.

I would say they do. Who cares if comments age or not. I’m glad you give up explaining why stiff won’t happen. I forgot you were some big wig in Congress!
So you believe a president and Congress who have added $8 Trillion to the federal debt in 3.5 years suddenly care about deficits? Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

Reactions: twn
If by being “realistic” you mean “completely full of shit” then yes. This thing isn’t going to last forever, and you’re basically claiming that this is permanent. Total fear-mongering bullshit based on nothing but fear and ignorance. You’re taking rudimentary guesswork and stating it as fact, when you have no more idea than the rest of us.
No it’s not going to last forever, but the recovery isn’t going to be fast either. What better time to unload an asset when you can show the work is getting g fine by less than your full compliment of employees. Ask the former federal FSS employees or the towers that were contracted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom