Slate Book/NATCA/MOU Questions + Interpretations

fivebyfive

I figured we could make a thread for any NATCA / Slate Book / MOU questions / interpretations.

Our BWS MOU states that Dev Controllers/CPC-ITs who certify after PTL is bid will either remain on their same RDOs, choose from any open BWS lines, or move to a new float line.

Any impacts to previously approved leave will be handled according to the NATCA/FAA Contract dated July, 2016, as appropriate.

I haven't really been able to find anything in the Slate Book / Article 24 Annual Leave that guarantees that if someone gets new RDOs, then management should honor their previous RDOs when adjusting their leave. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

alphaalpha69

I figured we could make a thread for any NATCA / Slate Book / MOU questions / interpretations.

Our BWS MOU states that Dev Controllers/CPC-ITs who certify after PTL is bid will either remain on their same RDOs, choose from any open BWS lines, or move to a new float line.

Any impacts to previously approved leave will be handled according to the NATCA/FAA Contract dated July, 2016, as appropriate.

I haven't really been able to find anything in the Slate Book / Article 24 Annual Leave that guarantees that if someone gets new RDOs, then management should honor their previous RDOs when adjusting their leave. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Late response:

article 24 and article 32 are entirely separate. What is guaranteed in the PTL bidding process isn’t set days but two 7 day periods. Let’s say you bid July 1st-7th RDO’s 1st/2nd. If your RDO’s change, management adjust your leave so that July 2nd-6th is now leave and 1st/7th is RDO. Still the same 7 protected days.

Next issue: Article 32 section 4 gives you the right to bid RDO’s once annually unless handled in accordance with Article 7 (mid term bargaining)

If someone certified, they shouldn’t be forced from their bid RDO’s. The Agency should go through the Article 46 process and declare a staffing imbalance.

Top Bottom