Slate Book/NATCA/MOU Questions + Interpretations

You can do either-or. It depends on what was negotiated.
Right. Should have quoted the question, but that will determine the answer to the question above. If they bid separate, per the contract, the trainee stays. (Which is dumb, but it's how it is). Unless there is an imbalance, management shouldn't be involved at all with bidding stuff.

Imagine bidding all of your leave and vacations and it was determined there wasn’t a staffing imbalance and someone trying to take your rdos lol

It’s likely a training line that wouldn’t have been available
Yes, it was a training line and wasn’t available to the other CPC’s. The bidding for my line is now available to all of the CPC’s and it looks like I’ll be forced to change my RDO’s to whatever I’m left with. This will also likely affect my prime time leave as well.

Yes, it was a training line and wasn’t available to the other CPC’s. The bidding for my line is now available to all of the CPC’s and it looks like I’ll be forced to change my RDO’s to whatever I’m left with. This will also likely affect my prime time leave as well.
Your prime time leave will be safe if you’re forced. It’s their prime time leave which isn’t protected

Imagine bidding all of your leave and vacations and it was determined there wasn’t a staffing imbalance and someone trying to take your rdos lol
I've seen it before. It's the closest I ever came to being vindictive as a rep. If management went with it, I was going to eventually ask to move a high seniority CPC-IT to those same days using a "better training days" excuse. Just so the original crying CPC would get a taste of his own medicine later in the year. I was able to convince management not to trigger a staffing imbalance though.

I just certified a few weeks ago and management declared there is no imbalance. Now, a CPC with more seniority wants my RDO’s and has convinced management to bid my RDO’s. What would you do? I’d prefer to keep my schedule.
You bid RDOs once annually per the contract. They cannot bid your RDOs if you’re already on them. If facrep won’t stop this, go to your RVP.

This is somewhat of a debate, but IMO this goes against the contract. Becoming a CPC doesn't automatically create an imbalance, whether or not you bid with trainees. The imbalance should be that there are too many CPCs on your set of days, so someone has to move.

Instead, you are saying a new line opened on your current days due to you becoming a CPC. That's not an imbalance. You're essentially just swapping RDOs

Yeah that's what I figured too but someone doesn't get to just swoop in and say I'm taking this lmao
Everyone I’ve seen certified including myself they handle this situation different. And time of the year usually has a part to do with what they come up with

If there is not an imbalance in crews, you own your RDOs. Just because you became cpc doesn’t change shit. UNLESS, that created an imbalance.

Art 46 is the process, if your rep can’t explain this in detail. Call your RVP. Dont let someone bully you into some bullshit

If there is not an imbalance in crews, you own your RDOs. Just because you became cpc doesn’t change shit. UNLESS, that created an imbalance.

Art 46 is the process, if your rep can’t explain this in detail. Call your RVP. Dont let someone bully you into some bullshit
The question becomes what’s an imbalance. can they declare they should have an extra body on certain RDOs because they are busier?

The question becomes what’s an imbalance. can they declare they should have an extra body on certain RDOs because they are busier?
The agency is supposed to notify the union of an imbalance. This is the benefit to collaboration, being able to have this discussion between the parties. They don’t get to unilaterally just make decisions.

Yes if certain days are busier they could say they need more bodies there, but that would have needed to be discussed during BWS negotiations.

The key point to this is that the trainee owns those RDO’s with no strings attached if there isn’t an imbalance. Many facilities do this incorrectly.

If you have 7 crews of 3 cpcs and now with this newly certified dev, you have a crew with 4. They don’t move, there’s no imbalance. Tough shit, move on.

The agency is supposed to notify the union of an imbalance. This is the benefit to collaboration, being able to have this discussion between the parties. They don’t get to unilaterally just make decisions.

Yes if certain days are busier they could say they need more bodies there, but that would have needed to be discussed during BWS negotiations.

The key point to this is that the trainee owns those RDO’s with no strings attached if there isn’t an imbalance. Many facilities do this incorrectly.

If you have 7 crews of 3 cpcs and now with this newly certified dev, you have a crew with 4. They don’t move, there’s no imbalance. Tough shit, move on.
I think the problem is facilities aren’t negotiating the next line they want in advance. Cus a lot of times it just makes no sense to leave an extra body there. I also think it’s a positive to let a new CPC go spread their wings on a new crew and not get babysat by their training team. But that’s a different thing.

I had a FacRep tell me that the definition of an imbalance is when a crew goes below the number they bid for the year. Not above, as the case would be when someone certifies. I’m sure that definition could vary depending on who the FacRep and manager are.

I had a FacRep tell me that the definition of an imbalance is when a crew goes below the number they bid for the year. Not above, as the case would be when someone certifies. I’m sure that definition could vary depending on who the FacRep and manager are.
Yea. No

But if you had 28 controllers vs 29 bidding they’d put the 29th where it was most sensible not just whenever they wanted.

I think the problem is facilities aren’t negotiating the next line they want in advance. Cus a lot of times it just makes no sense to leave an extra body there. I also think it’s a positive to let a new CPC go spread their wings on a new crew and not get babysat by their training team. But that’s a different thing.
It’s not about negotiating the next line. This is all about an imbalance. Agency has to prove an imbalance to open up art46. Period

Until then everyone owns their RDOs

Back
Top Bottom