Straight 80 Pay

My favorite was not getting paid for like six weeks, when we finally got paid they overpaid me by $750, and I got a letter saying if I didn't pay it back within 21 days they start charging 2% interest
I resigned the November before that shutdown and when the back pay came, they ended up paying me like $4k. Then pretty much the same experience of them demanding repayment asap.

Making a mistake is one thing. Stuff happens and I understand that. What’s frustrating is taking two weeks to correct the mistake. I have to imagine it’s possible to send a correction this Friday if they felt it was a priority, but they won’t. That’s the BS Part
It took them what, 8 weeks to give us 20% pay for OJTI? Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree: main concern is when these morons finally correct our pay, will we be taxed more? Honestly, most of us probably wouldn’t know by looking at our paystubs.

I seriously want to know how these hiccups even happen. Everything besides ERR is automated (lol, joke from other thread). But, the fact we’re still using fax machines in the federal government…doesn’t surprise me someone can’t input numbers into a spreadsheet to calculate our pay in a prompt and competent manner.

Making a mistake is one thing. Stuff happens and I understand that. What’s frustrating is taking two weeks to correct the mistake. I have to imagine it’s possible to send a correction this Friday if they felt it was a priority, but they won’t. That’s the BS Part
They already have that 3 hour early shove in mind, it just can't be done!

It took them what, 8 weeks to give us 20% pay for OJTI? Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree: main concern is when these morons finally correct our pay, will we be taxed more? Honestly, most of us probably wouldn’t know by looking at our paystubs.

I seriously want to know how these hiccups even happen. Everything besides ERR is automated (lol, joke from other thread). But, the fact we’re still using fax machines in the federal government…doesn’t surprise me someone can’t input numbers into a spreadsheet to calculate our pay in a prompt and competent manner.
Maybe they're understaffed too... lol

This is my biggest frustration. They've known about this since at least Tuesday, probably Monday.

You've got an entire week, or 5 business days to fix it. How the fuck can this not be fixed in that time?

The higher gross will result in more taxes withheld, as if you were making that amount the whole year, but it all comes out in the wash at the end of the tax year.

You don’t actually get “taxed more” it evens out when you file your taxes. Chances are you sit in the 24 percent bracket which is under 170, unless that extra few hundred puts you over that, you will only have to pay ten percent on money over that. It’s gonna be like 50 bucks. Which you’ll get credit for later big freaking deal

This is such a loser mentality.

Is this annoying? Yes absolutely but if you degenerates can’t live off your damn salary for one pay check you have serious money management issues.

You don’t actually get “taxed more” it evens out when you file your taxes. Chances are you sit in the 24 percent bracket which is under 170, unless that extra few hundred puts you over that, you will only have to pay ten percent on money over that. It’s gonna be like 50 bucks. Which you’ll get credit for later big freaking deal

This is such a loser mentality.

Is this annoying? Yes absolutely but if you degenerates can’t live off your damn salary for one pay check you have serious money management issues.
I have zero problem with my finances. However, these errors shouldn't even happen in the first place. You really are a miserable fucking prick. You must be real fun at work.

Lol @ expecting to be paid on time being called a "loser mentality". Soemthing only a loser would say or think !
No complaining about being taxed more which isn’t even the case is.

I have zero problem with my finances. However, these errors shouldn't even happen in the first place. You really are a miserable fucking prick. You must be real fun at work.
You never make a mistake? You never not do your job correctly?

I’m tired of people complaining as if every mistake is some agency game to screw you over. It didn’t even happen yet and people are such bitches. You’ll get yours, just fucking relax. People are so quick to be out for blood, and spare me the slippery slope if we don’t complain they will happen more and more.

No complaining about being taxed more which isn’t even the case is.

You never make a mistake? You never not do your job correctly?

I’m tired of people complaining as if every mistake is some agency game to screw you over. It didn’t even happen yet and people are such bitches. You’ll get yours, just fucking relax. People are so quick to be out for blood, and spare me the slippery slope if we don’t complain they will happen more and more.
Shill

or you live on Nantucket...
Or aspen. Napa. Monterey. Palo Alto. Etc Plenty of low level places that make salaries that qualify them for public assistance in their specific localities. Just because you could afford to go without a paycheck or a correct paycheck doesn’t mean you get to speak for everyone. Almost assuredly there’s at least one person getting shafted who can’t afford it. The utter lack of compassion and the outrage at those affected instead of the idiotic management and HR who are responsible is inexcusable.

We work for compensation. It’s the duty of the employer to pay you your compensation in full, on time. That’s not a luxury, it’s a legal obligation.

Last edited:
Dont worry, all the Payroll and HR people that are still working at home in their jammies 3 years later will get right on this to properly pay you guys for your 6 days a week effort.

NATCA wouldnt want to rock the boat and ruin some collaborative details for people that they've decided also deserve at home details, so you're gonna just need to pull from your savings and hope that the backpay is done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom