Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
It isn't so much that they're 'consistently' looking for academy graduates, they consistently show up near the top because those spots are already reserved for certain people and are reserved prior to them starting the academy. The FAA does do a decent job if you're not from the continental USA, allowing you to go back home if you request it, whether that's St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, etc.

Interesting. Thank you for clarifying. Are there other circumstances that would allow an academy graduate to reserve a facility prior to starting the academy? if so, how would one go about that process? I start training on 8/7 and would love to get to AUS(level 9) but I know the likelihood of getting placed at a facility higher than a 7 is slim to none.

Interesting. Thank you for clarifying. Are there other circumstances that would allow an academy graduate to reserve a facility prior to starting the academy? if so, how would one go about that process? I start training on 8/7 and would love to get to AUS(level 9) but I know the likelihood of getting placed at a facility higher than a 7 is slim to none.
Not gonna happen.

The San juans you see on the list are people requesting to go there. Look at the class number on the right.

So, to make sure I'm interpreting the list correctly, any location with a class number and facility assignment date means those spots were already taken or will be taken assuming the graduates successfully pass?

You will NOT get AUS. One of the most desired facilities in the agency right now.

If you want a Texas facility, GGG is likely, maybe ACT or FTW. Good luck.

The only other reason a spot can be reserved is if your spouse works at that facility. Go tour AUS, find a single controller (male or female, it's 2017), give that person 20k to go down to the courthouse and marry you. That's the only way to get to AUS from the academy.

So, to make sure I'm interpreting the list correctly, any location with a class number and facility assignment date means those spots were already taken or will be taken assuming the graduates successfully pass?
Negative. Those are simply reserved spots. 2 spots per class member. Assume 18 people make it to the end, there will be a list of 36 facilities. Each person that fails, 2 spots are removed. Let's say only 7 pass the academy, only the top 14 are then offered to that class.

Been watching this resource for a while, trying to understand how this works. Currently awaiting a response from medical before a FOL. (I had a concussion in high school and they had tons of questions). I had requested to switch to terminal from en route and it was approved. I'm a mainlander that wants to end up in Hawaii; doesn't matter which facility. I would eventually like to end up at ITO or HCF. (Hilo is my dream facility!) Is there anything I can do ahead of time to improve my odds? I see that ITO(6), OGG(6), and HCF(11) are all on the list, but haven't heard of anyone being offered them out off the academy. Over the past few months some of the HCF openings have gone to NEST or ERR/MPP.

Been watching this resource for a while, trying to understand how this works. Currently awaiting a response from medical before a FOL. (I had a concussion in high school and they had tons of questions). I had requested to switch to terminal from en route and it was approved. I'm a mainlander that wants to end up in Hawaii; doesn't matter which facility. I would eventually like to end up at ITO or HCF. (Hilo is my dream facility!) Is there anything I can do ahead of time to improve my odds? I see that ITO(6), OGG(6), and HCF(11) are all on the list, but haven't heard of anyone being offered them out off the academy. Over the past few months some of the HCF openings have gone to NEST or ERR/MPP.
You can request an oconus location and it should be granted. Won't be HCF though.

ITO and OGG are offered to academy grads, like MJ said, make the request as early as you can when you get to the academy and it *should* be granted.

Also ITO will absolutely be a 7 soon so there's a built in 6% raise coming at some point.

My brother tried to go from terminal to enroute and was denied. Doesn't make sense that they allow one way but not the other. We even found someone to swap with.

Awesome! Best news I have heard since getting notification I was referred! Who do you notify you would like to request an OCONUS location?
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. To the best of my knowledge, in the first few days someone will come and talk to you about the placement list and what to expect near the end of your academy stay. These are the people you'll need to talk to. Tell them you're a mainlander and would like to go back to Hawaii. I'd also tell your HR rep as soon as possible and they may be able to better assist you.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. To the best of my knowledge, in the first few days someone will come and talk to you about the placement list and what to expect near the end of your academy stay. These are the people you'll need to talk to. Tell them you're a mainlander and would like to go back to Hawaii. I'd also tell your HR rep as soon as possible and they may be able to better assist you.

That's what they did 2 years ago when I went through. We were also preassigned regions (east,central,west), so they gave us a list of all facilities in our designated areas.

Back
Top Bottom