Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
Has anyone ever heard of someone lobbying the selection guy for a facility that shows up multiple times on the overall list (Terminal) (Level 8 or below of course) but is off your list by a few? When he came to speak with us after basics graduation, he mentioned this was remotely possible depending on people's situations. I know it's unlikely, but if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing (good or bad) that would be good to know

Has anyone ever heard of someone lobbying the selection guy for a facility that shows up multiple times on the overall list (Terminal) (Level 8 or below of course) but is off your list by a few? When he came to speak with us after basics graduation, he mentioned this was remotely possible depending on people's situations. I know it's unlikely, but if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing (good or bad) that would be good to know
I know of a case last year where one tower student wanted a specific facility. Small class, so a smaller placement list and the facility wasn't on it due to previous classes low passing rates. Somehow when they got their official list, that facility had jumped up to the top of the non-mandatory slots. But because the student ended up being last in the class, he was stuck with one of the mandatory slots, which wasn't the facility he wanted.
Showed up to the facility, and within the pay period had a hardship approved to his desired facility.

I know of a case last year where one tower student wanted a specific facility. Small class, so a smaller placement list and the facility wasn't on it due to previous classes low passing rates. Somehow when they got their official list, that facility had jumped up to the top of the non-mandatory slots. But because the student ended up being last in the class, he was stuck with one of the mandatory slots, which wasn't the facility he wanted.
Showed up to the facility, and within the pay period had a hardship approved to his desired facility.
That's very good to know. In this case the facility is a level 8, and I know those show up occasionally. It shows up 3 times in the top 50 when you include 8's on the list. Those are typically for ERRs and previous experience, but every person has made sure to say 7 & below "with the occasional 8"

That's very good to know. In this case the facility is a level 8, and I know those show up occasionally. It shows up 3 times in the top 50 when you include 8's on the list. Those are typically for ERRs and previous experience, but every person has made sure to say 7 & below "with the occasional 8"
The only 8s offered have been ICT and OKC, and those haven't even been offered in about a year now. And those were only offered because they got down to 50% staffing with not many trainees and they suddenly had to play catch-up.
Which 8 are you wanting?

The only 8s offered have been ICT and OKC, and those haven't even been offered in about a year now. And those were only offered because they got down to 50% staffing with not many trainees and they suddenly had to play catch-up.
Which 8 are you wanting?
It's actually not me, but one of my roommates is from Milwaukee and saw it pop up 3 times in the top 50. I told him to spin a nice yarn about custody of his step child, etc. Unlikely but can't hurt to ask though

It's actually not me, but one of my roommates is from Milwaukee and saw it pop up 3 times in the top 50. I told him to spin a nice yarn about custody of his step child, etc. Unlikely but can't hurt to ask though
I don't want to say it's not worth it, but.....don't plan on it.
Most likely 8 to get approved should probably be ORF.

I don't want to say it's not worth it, but.....don't plan on it.
Most likely 8 to get approved should probably be ORF.
One of my roommates back in CTI was at ORF and absolutely loved it, do they really have staffing issues?

One of my roommates back in CTI was at ORF and absolutely loved it, do they really have staffing issues?
Well maybe not, I was looking at an older staffing list from earlier this year. Doesn't look too bad with the newer numbers. But it's a lower certification percentage of 55%.
New numbers, MKE does have the lowest "percentage to target" of Level 8s.

Has anyone ever heard of graduates offering money to fellow graduates who finished higher in the class to get the location they want. Are there any written or unwritten rules about doing this?

Has anyone ever heard of graduates offering money to fellow graduates who finished higher in the class to get the location they want. Are there any written or unwritten rules about doing this?
It has been done in the past, if you go down that road, i just wouldnt make it known to others.

If you are at the Academy you can look at the list in the computer labs, or you could go to the placement office and ask.

Back
Top Bottom