Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
I'm getting ready to head down for training finally! How exactly does requesting an OCONUS position work? From what I understand it's changed since I asked in 2018. I'm hoping to put in for Hilo(ITO) or Honolulu(HCF). I know HCF is a long shot at an 11, but they are up in the 90s now for priority!

Side note: I live between CAK and CLE, but neither can take on trainees currently. Is CAK TRACON combing with CLE the reason CAK can't take on new people despite being short staffed?

I'm getting ready to head down for training finally! How exactly does requesting an OCONUS position work? From what I understand it's changed since I asked in 2018. I'm hoping to put in for Hilo(ITO) or Honolulu(HCF). I know HCF is a long shot at an 11, but they are up in the 90s now for priority!

Side note: I live between CAK and CLE, but neither can take on trainees currently. Is CAK TRACON combing with CLE the reason CAK can't take on new people despite being short staffed?

Last I checked the OCONUS facility has to be in the top 250 of the academy priority list so that you can get it. CAK is losing their radar to CLE.

Good info, well it looks like HCF could happen! (95, 124, 151, 198, 234) Thats really exciting! I never expected to hear/see that in a million years lol.

I knew a little about the CAK to CLE radar/TRACON consolidation through the controllers at BKL(I'm in airport ops), but didn't know how it impacted the hiring process. Thanks for the info, while I'd prefer to move it's nice to know a local facility could still be on my list!

Good info, well it looks like HCF could happen! (95, 124, 151, 198, 234) Thats really exciting! I never expected to hear/see that in a million years lol.

I knew a little about the CAK to CLE radar/TRACON consolidation through the controllers at BKL(I'm in airport ops), but didn't know how it impacted the hiring process. Thanks for the info, while I'd prefer to move it's nice to know a local facility could still be on my list!

I think Hawaiian facilities are a bit different when it comes to placement. That's something you should ask when you get to OKC.

HCF won’t be available to you from the academy.

No slots reserved for academy grads? That class that was to graduate early January before the shutdown must have restarted or something if they’re still not done.

HCF is classified as a consolidated control facility, meaning they provide enroute services as well as terminal services.

How do I read this correctly? If it’s blank, it’s available?
Kind of, the academy list gets chosen from this with some other elements taken into account. It gives you a rough idea of what to expect but isnt too reliable from what will actually be on an academy list. You can expect a mix of the first 50 or so that are blank.

Back
Top Bottom