Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
My understanding is everyone that has approved paperwork when they changed the OCONUS policy got to keep their placement. Some of these people put paperwork in 3 months ago

Is there another list for tracon track people? I understand it's typically grouped with teminal but I'm going through the tracon/TETRA track and only see up/downs on here and no stand-alone approach's which I would expect to see...

Is there another list for tracon track people? I understand it's typically grouped with teminal but I'm going through the tracon/TETRA track and only see up/downs on here and no stand-alone approach's which I would expect to see...
I didn’t think they sent OTS to standalone TRACONs. Is it just randomly assigned like enroute is?

I’m curious cus I’m going to take the ATSA in November for the most recent OTS bid. I assumed all OTS would go to low level towers/up-downs if sent Terminal, which is why I’d prefer to get in on a prior experience bid to get mid-level options atleast. But if they do send OTS folks through TETRA for other than N90 I’d try to get in on that...

What’s your background? A lot of prior exp get sent to low level facilities as well. I’d venture to guess most do, actually.

What’s your background? A lot of prior exp get sent to low level facilities as well. I’d venture to guess most do, actually.
I have RADAR approach experience, I know there’s some formula they use to determine what you could be offered. I just go off of what the guys I work with have been getting offered and they’ve been offered some stand alone TRACONs. My old room mate had just gotten out and is at S56 now and was offered other low level TRACONs on his list like Y90 and U90 I think. So I’m HOPING for something along those lines..
TRACONs are terminal
I understand, I just thought maybe they specified which specialty you’d go to.

If you’re going through the ots bid you won’t get those types of options. You can expect a level 7 and below (unless enroute obviously) if you attend the academy.

If you’re going through the ots bid you won’t get those types of options. You can expect a level 7 and below (unless enroute obviously) if you attend the academy.

I thought the tracon/TETRA was specifically created to get ots geared up for stand-alones right out of the academy, specifically high levels.. that’s why I’m wondering why I only see updowns on this placement sheet...

I thought the tracon/TETRA was specifically created to get ots geared up for stand-alones right out of the academy, specifically high levels.. that’s why I’m wondering why I only see updowns on this placement sheet...
OTS terminal applicants will only be assigned level 4-7 facilities with an occasional level 8. Unless you somehow volunteer for N90 you will not be going to a standalone Tracon.

Yes, to help staff the facilities with great need (right now, basically just n90). Like GBP said, thats the only tracons OTS applicants may get.

I think even for the prior experience bids it's way less common these days to get a tracon than it used to be.

So then for the most part.. the only way for a stand-alone tracon to get new employees is through transfers?
Yep, unless you are from NY and want N90 they may let you go that route through the academy if you request it. Prior experience bids though have been offered tracons depending on your experience level.

turns out i am from NY... but i've heard choosing N90 is a death sentence for a graduate... But again... i thought this was the whole point of the TETRA class...

I feel like people are mentioning TETRA here as though its assigned for anything BUT N90; as of right now the only people who have gone to TETRA are N90 bound folks, and apparently thats pretty backed up right now. It IS possible to have a TRACON on your list with prior experience (source, me: had M98 and F11). I know back in the day they used to have some of the lower level TRACON's on academy grad lists, but that does appear to have gone by the wayside. From a manning standpoint, it seems that it actually hurts that the only way you can get to a TRACON is via transfers, just really limits who all and how many people can go to the TRACONS.

I feel like people are mentioning TETRA here as though its assigned for anything BUT N90; as of right now the only people who have gone to TETRA are N90 bound folks, and apparently thats pretty backed up right now. It IS possible to have a TRACON on your list with prior experience (source, me: had M98 and F11). I know back in the day they used to have some of the lower level TRACON's on academy grad lists, but that does appear to have gone by the wayside. From a manning standpoint, it seems that it actually hurts that the only way you can get to a TRACON is via transfers, just really limits who all and how many people can go to the TRACONS.

So then what you're saying is opposite of what others just said... that you can/do go straight to a stand-alone even if exclusively N90. I'm going to OKC next month, I was told I'm in the TRACON/TETRA track, even my FOL states Specialty: TRACON so i was wondering if they'd really only offer updowns. Just tryin to figure out what facilities they might offer to tetra track which is literally designed for 10/11/12 training... i was thinking theyd show on this placement list one or two facilities like N90 that say "reserved for tetra grad" or something...?

So then what you're saying is opposite of what others just said... that you can/do go straight to a stand-alone even if exclusively N90. I'm going to OKC next month, I was told I'm in the TRACON/TETRA track, even my FOL states Specialty: TRACON so i was wondering if they'd really only offer updowns. Just tryin to figure out what facilities they might offer to tetra track which is literally designed for 10/11/12 training... i was thinking theyd show on this placement list one or two facilities like N90 that say "reserved for tetra grad" or something...?
N90. That's what you will get offered.

Back
Top Bottom