Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
So then what you're saying is opposite of what others just said... that you can/do go straight to a stand-alone even if exclusively N90. I'm going to OKC next month, I was told I'm in the TRACON/TETRA track, even my FOL states Specialty: TRACON so i was wondering if they'd really only offer updowns. Just tryin to figure out what facilities they might offer to tetra track which is literally designed for 10/11/12 training... i was thinking theyd show on this placement list one or two facilities like N90 that say "reserved for tetra grad" or something...?

If your FOL says TRACON then you're going to a tracon, not an up/down. Up/down students go to tower first.

So then what you're saying is opposite of what others just said... that you can/do go straight to a stand-alone even if exclusively N90. I'm going to OKC next month, I was told I'm in the TRACON/TETRA track, even my FOL states Specialty: TRACON so i was wondering if they'd really only offer updowns. Just tryin to figure out what facilities they might offer to tetra track which is literally designed for 10/11/12 training... i was thinking theyd show on this placement list one or two facilities like N90 that say "reserved for tetra grad" or something...?
If you got in on an N90 bid you’ll go to TETRA definitely. But I’m positive you don’t go to TETRA just because you got TRACON. Up-Downs are Tower and Approach control. I could be wrong though..

If you got in on an N90 bid you’ll go to TETRA definitely. But I’m positive you don’t go to TETRA just because you got TRACON. Up-Downs are Tower and Approach control. I could be wrong though..

You are wrong. Whether you end up going to an up-down or tower only, you will go to tower initial first. After you certify in the tower of an updown, you go to RTF. If you're at a level 9+ you go to TSEW as well. If you go to a 10+ up+down the facility has the option to send you to TETRA after RTF and TSEW. If you go to a 10+ tracon, you go to all 3. Right now for OTS hires the only tracons you will go to is n90.

Side note, it's kinda funny to say you're positive and then say you could be wrong.

You are wrong. Whether you end up going to an up-down or tower only, you will go to tower initial first. After you certify in the tower of an updown, you go to RTF. If you're at a level 9+ you go to TSEW as well. If you go to a 10+ up+down the facility has the option to send you to TETRA after RTF and TSEW. If you go to a 10+ tracon, you go to all 3. Right now for OTS hires the only tracons you will go to is n90.

Side note, it's kinda funny to say you're positive and then say you could be wrong.

I dont think anything the FAA is currently doing is set in stone anywhere. The guy who just got here (F11) came from Asheville (level 6), has never been to TSEW or TETRA.

I dont think anything the FAA is currently doing is set in stone anywhere. The guy who just got here (F11) came from Asheville (level 6), has never been to TSEW or TETRA.

If someone goes to a 9+ radar facility that has never been to RTF, they go to both RTF and TSEW. If they've already been to RTF, the facility has the option to send them to further training.

I believe that people who have transferred to high level standalone tracons have also gone to TETRA

Only for the first two test classes (made up of all prior experience new-hires) for TETRA did students go to facilities other than N90. Every TETRA class after May has only been N90. It will remain N90-only for the immediate future.

Only for the first two test classes (made up of all prior experience new-hires) for TETRA did students go to facilities other than N90. Every TETRA class after May has only been N90. It will remain N90-only for the immediate future.

Hmm ok so I am a Long Island resident, non-prior, CTI grad, selected from the 2016 bid. was given Enroute TOL, but once the FOL came they informed me I am now tracon/tetra. sounds like, as you mentioned, I will be offered N90 even though I was not picked up from the N90 bid this summer. but this goes back to my original comment.. I would think there would be at least one slot showing on this excel sheet for N90 saying "reserved for academy grad", but i only see updowns on there, like they arent showing where they plan on offering the Tracon/tetra grads...

Hmm ok so I am a Long Island resident, non-prior, CTI grad, selected from the 2016 bid. was given Enroute TOL, but once the FOL came they informed me I am now tracon/tetra. sounds like, as you mentioned, I will be offered N90 even though I was not picked up from the N90 bid this summer. but this goes back to my original comment.. I would think there would be at least one slot showing on this excel sheet for N90 saying "reserved for academy grad", but i only see updowns on there, like they arent showing where they plan on offering the Tracon/tetra grads...
You will be assigned N90. New-hires that are assigned the TRACON track are going to N90 only and will attend the academy for Basics/RTF/TSEW/TETRA.
There's another file that shows historical placement, I'll look at that tomorrow and see if it shows the recent N90 hires' hiring source.

You will be assigned N90. New-hires that are assigned the TRACON track are going to N90 only and will attend the academy for Basics/RTF/TSEW/TETRA.
There's another file that shows historical placement, I'll look at that tomorrow and see if it shows the recent N90 hires' hiring source.

i've noticed your replies are eerily accurate. so is it true that N90 is execution for a grad? washout rate seems to be high..

I don't know where you are getting that it's only showing up/downs on the placement list. It shows all terminal placements. That seems to be your hangup.

I don't know where you are getting that it's only showing up/downs on the placement list. It shows all terminal placements. That seems to be your hangup.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but when I apply a filter to only show status column F "Reserved for academy Grad" it only returns towers and updowns.

That means slots currently being filled by the upcoming graduating class(es)

so is it true that N90 is execution for a grad? washout rate seems to be high..
Not necessarily. Everyone that has done the Academy's tetra-track has left with a job...that's a lot better than enroute or tower.
Once you get to N90, it's almost guaranteed (currently...may change) that you'll be retained for a lower level terminal facility if you're unsuccessful in the N90 training program. The further you make it, the better your facility will be. If you're able to achieve CPC status at N90, that's when you would be stuck with the current NCEPT process. However, there are ways to get a release if you're willing to try other FAA jobs outside the ATO.

How long do ERRs lock up a spot in the placement list? Our facility was close to being on the academy grad list and then was offered to an ERR almost 3 months ago and the spot dropped 130 slots in priority and is still listed as “offered to ERR” even though we know he’s not coming.

How long do ERRs lock up a spot in the placement list? Our facility was close to being on the academy grad list and then was offered to an ERR almost 3 months ago and the spot dropped 130 slots in priority and is still listed as “offered to ERR” even though we know he’s not coming.
They lock up that spot as 'offered to' until an offer is signed then it goes to the history tab as 'filled with'. Or it'll go back blank when it's declined.
It prolly fell far cuz an 'offered to' generates a projected Inbound which raises your projected staffing which lowers your priority on the placement list.

Usually they update the TPL about a week prior to a class graduating to reflect the choices that will be given to them, waiting to see that come out.

Back
Top Bottom