The FAA staffing problem that NO ONE is talking about

What would look good is if you would address the logic of my arguments rather than the anonymity of my account.
well here you go:
Neither you nor your other account can provide any data that says how bad this will actually be, but your claim says exactly how bad this will be. You can’t take a qualitative assessment of “they sold some planes” and say “years of supply chain damage.” Even if you end up being correct, it’s not knowledge; it’s a total guess and nothing more.

You are lucky to even have a job during all of this, not to mention the #bestjobintheworld.

FightingIrish2012 gets royalties every time someone uses this hashtag. I owe him thousands but am hoping to pay w HAzard Pay backpay

giphy.gif

All of these claims are made without addressing what the size of these demographics are.
How many companies are already flying people for what could be done on skype? How many private jets are going to be lost? How many people that lost their jobs in primarily low income fields are cancelling their cross-country flights?
I’m not saying that stuff hasn’t happened, I just think it’s extreme to think you’ve lost 10 years of traffic over it.
I think people are going to look at risk v reward before taking a flight. Do they want to get on a plane with 100 other people you don’t know. You don’t know their health history etc. The airlines aren’t going to force someone to have a mask on once the door closes. Then just imagine you get to your 5 day vacation and start to get sick. Can’t get back on the plane to come home and work, etc. Yeah I know it’s doom and gloom, but you’d hope people would think of all the consequences of the unknown now. With that said, we are Americans so we will do what we want when we want!?

I think people are going to look at risk v reward before taking a flight. Do they want to get on a plane with 100 other people you don’t know. You don’t know their health history etc. The airlines aren’t going to force someone to have a mask on once the door closes. Then just imagine you get to your 5 day vacation and start to get sick. Can’t get back on the plane to come home and work, etc. Yeah I know it’s doom and gloom, but you’d hope people would think of all the consequences of the unknown now. With that said, we are Americans so we will do what we want when we want!?
Unfortunately, I know people that are traveling as we speak, and even more that can’t wait until they get to their planned vacation time. But even with those anecdotes, I could never claim “Traffic is going to increase due to pent-up demand,” because I don’t know how my anecdotes are placed in the broader picture.

I think you’re right, and I think all of the individual points in the original post seem right. They just don’t add up to anything.

Palm Beach is currently the busiest airport in the world.

edit: disregard. Busiest in the world for business jet traffic only.

Last edited:
I'm going off AAP traffic counts, last I checked was the April count at the beginning of May. That article says they're using Flightradar24 for stats, which can't capture counts nearly as good as internal FAA counts.

I'm going off AAP traffic counts, last I checked was the April count at the beginning of May. That article says they're using Flightradar24 for stats, which can't capture counts nearly as good as internal FAA counts.
"Allegedly" tell that to some of these centers that are 12s ;)

Back
Top Bottom