"This facility is a country club"

P

PushingTin

Why do lifers at almost every facility claim their facility is a country club? Even little shitty undesirable places that no one that didn't literally grow up there would want to go to. Its very basic. I think it is unhealthy to fear change to the point where you are pretending your facility is as good as it gets; just because you have become institutionalized somewhere. I feel sorry for the people who work at one place for 30+ years naively believing they've found paradise, and arrogantly thinking they have the greatest job in the world just because they get paid every two weeks and are comfortable in their zombie routine. Learning new things and meeting new people is healthy. The cake is usually a lie!

Country Club.jpg

giphy.gif

This is a good point. I do believe there are some true country clubs, places like MCO and centers that are in lower cost of living areas. But yeah, I can’t believe the number of places where dinosaurs claim that “this place is a country club”. You hear it more from low level facilities then high ones. And as was said usually from locals who grew up there and never lived outside the town. People who get married and have kids too soon and are happy just to have a federal job the rest of their life. Idiots who look at city demographics and think they are big ballers at their level five making 80K “because they median income in this area is 41K”(those stats are ridiculously skewed down from households on public assistance reporting zero income). It’s slightly less common now, I think it was more prevalent when you had level five old people making 120K as they capped out to the max of the pay scale on the contract before the white book.

So yeah, I can imagine how hard it can be to listen to that, especially if a low level d bag is telling you that in a place you don’t want to be. It’s plays into the old #bestjobintheworld #payyourdues attitude. If you can't afford to join a country club, your facility is not a country club.

Though again, some places truly are great, and the job is good while not great, the country club aspect though is a high bar to achieve and most of the people who think they have are over the top ignorant, cowards, or just plain nuts.

Last edited:
So are you at a country club?

well yah obvz cuz all 320+ are CC's according to the big dogs at each. literally nowhere better in the world to work!

Idiots who look at city demographics and think they are big ballers at their level five making 80K “because they median income in this area is 41K”(those stats are ridiculously skewed down from households on public assistance reporting zero income).

If you can afford to join a country club, your facility is not a country club.

YES! A million times yes. You are def one of the smartest people on here. The federal employee slumdog millionaries! LOL who think they're ballers because they can afford name brand cereal and have stainless appliances! If someone loses the job they literally think its a funeral and that there is nowhere else in this world of 7.5 billion people can they be gainfully employed except for ol' ______ tower, listening to the old geezers tell them how good they have it and how lucky they are that the ATM allows 15 minute shoves and sloppy phraseology without givin you a spankin

giphy.gif

Nobody:

pushingtin:
Why do lifers at almost every facility claim their facility is a country club? Even little shitty undesirable places that no one that didn't literally grow up there would want to go to. Its very basic. I think it is unhealthy to fear change to the point where you are pretending your facility is as good as it gets; just because you have become institutionalized somewhere. I feel sorry for the people who work at one place for 30+ years naively believing they've found paradise, and arrogantly thinking they have the greatest job in the world just because they get paid every two weeks and are comfortable in their zombie routine. Learning new things and meeting new people is healthy. The cake is usually a lie!

View attachment 3301

giphy.gif

Is it really that incredulous that some people might actually like working at "shithole" low level facilities?

This is a good point. I do believe there are some true country clubs, places like MCO and centers that are in lower cost of living areas. But yeah, I can’t believe the number of places where dinosaurs claim that “this place is a country club”. You hear it more from low level facilities then high ones. And as was said usually from locals who grew up there and never lived outside the town. People who get married and have kids too soon and are happy just to have a federal job the rest of their life. Idiots who look at city demographics and think they are big ballers at their level five making 80K “because they median income in this area is 41K”(those stats are ridiculously skewed down from households on public assistance reporting zero income). It’s slightly less common now, I think it was more prevalent when you had level five old people making 120K as they capped out to the max of the pay scale on the contract before the white book.

So yeah, I can imagine how hard it can be to listen to that, especially if a low level d bag is telling you that in a place you don’t want to be. It’s plays into the old #bestjobintheworld #payyourdues attitude. If you can't afford to join a country club, your facility is not a country club.

Though again, some places truly are great, and the job is good while not great, the country club aspect though is a high bar to achieve and most of the people who think they have are over the top ignorant, cowards, or just plain nuts.

You seem to like absolutely nothing about this job or any of the 1,000 scams you believe are going on. Why don’t you just quit?

Is it really that incredulous that some people might actually like working at "shithole" low level facilities?

Its only just incredulous enough so as to inspire me to start a thread about it on .65!

Lotta peeps are miserable as hell yet being told by those all around that you are supposed to be in paradise....and they aren't seeing or feeling it. This puts lots of pressure on many controllers the struggle is real it can throw one into an existential crisis very easily. Do not fear change or taking on new challengew. And if ya dont know about the "Country Club" phenomenon, now ya know.

View attachment 3301

giphy.gif
So you're mad that people found happiness?

Been lurking for a long time- why not just increase the pay at the lower level facilities? Frankly the main reason people want to go to higher level facilities is the pay, and increasing pay at lower levels would just allow them to stay there (and likely in a low COL area), giving them a double incentive to work there.

Back
Top Bottom