Today the result of a DUI took another poor soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, not looking for sympathy at all. Just giving another reminder to the people that will be there after me. I take responsibility for my actions. Paid $2300 for bond and just paid another $5000 for a lawyer. Learn from my experience!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This person knew better and did it anyway.
and did what? Sleep in their car? Stop acting like he went careeening down the highway on the wrong side of the road.

OP, get a lawyer and you have a good chance of getting it dismissed. If it does get dismissed, get in touch with your HR rep. You might be able to get reinstated or at least not banned from applying again if you want to.

Yeah man. That's crappy. Some states are like that though. "keys in the front seat, even in the pocket shows intent to drive" even if you're just sleeping it off with no intent to actually drive. As they said above, lawyer up and get the FAA to unblock you.

and did what? Sleep in their car? Stop acting like he went careeening down the highway on the wrong side of the road.

OP, get a lawyer and you have a good chance of getting it dismissed. If it does get dismissed, get in touch with your HR rep. You might be able to get reinstated or at least not banned from applying again if you want to.

Your way of justifying this is because he didn’t kill someone. Isn’t the point of instances such as this to serve as a deterrent when it comes to alcohol and automobiles?

Also, how’s he going to get reinstated? They’re gonna pull his medical and he’ll be denied for years simply because of being charge and the recency of when this occurred.

Can I sleep in my RV drunk? Do the keys need not be in it? DUI for sleeping car is asinine. No crime is committed until you drive the car.

That’s asinine? The dude was in the ACADEMY and got in trouble for alcohol.

No wonder shit like LV tower happens...

I was trying to use my situation to help future students. IDC what any of the D... heads on this post have to say. I have no intent on reapplying, I was a controller in the military prior to joining the FAA and I’m fine with moving on to the next chapter of my life.

I'm not holier then thou. I have a DUI from when I was 17. The difference is, I was a kid. This person has been an adult and legally able to drink. My DUI was also 11 years ago. Back then uber, lyft, and everything else didn't exist... cabs had to be scheduled. Add in I was below the legal limit for adults.

So no, I don't have sympathy. This person knew better and did it anyway.

That’s asinine? The dude was in the ACADEMY and got in trouble for alcohol.

No wonder shit like LV tower happens...

Theres nothing cool about kicking a man while he's down. What a sick twisted mentality. These posts are callous, demented, and borderline sociopathic. Happiness can only exist in acceptance.

kinda lame they fire you just for being charged with something...what happen to innocent until proven guilty.

I agree. I hate the lack of due process its terrible... but they have you by the balls on probation.

How hard is it to not put yourself in this position for 1 year while on probation when the agency tells you straight up on day one and so does the union?

Meh. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Hey, not looking for sympathy at all. Just giving another reminder to the people that will be there after me. I take responsibility for my actions. Paid $2300 for bond and just paid another $5000 for a lawyer. Learn from my experience!!!!!!!!!

Bummer dude. The good thing is there are a million other things to do in this world. OFC its a gut punch to lose your seat in the FAA but there are silver linings to be found in everything (like now you wont be entitled, sedentary, ambitionless, and die young like so many ATCers). All the roads we have to walk are winding, if not the destination wouldn't be worth it anyway. Besides, there is a certain satisfaction in a comeback story, regardless of how recklessly indifferent some of the holier than thou message board snark is. Grind away and get after it! Godspeed brother

perseverence.jpg

Can I sleep in my RV drunk? Do the keys need not be in it? DUI for sleeping car is asinine. No crime is committed until you drive the car.

Agree that it shouldn't* be a crime, but it is and the world is sometimes upside down.

Your way of justifying this is because he didn’t kill someone. Isn’t the point of instances such as this to serve as a deterrent when it comes to alcohol and automobiles?

Also, how’s he going to get reinstated? They’re gonna pull his medical and he’ll be denied for years simply because of being charge and the recency of when this occurred.
My way of justifying it is that he never drove under the influence. And if it’s dismissed they can reinstate you. You don’t lose your medical permanently over a charge, it can be reinstated as soon as you show them the charge was dismissed. I know because it happened to me (with a TOL not at the academy)

T
Theres nothing cool about kicking a man while he's down. What a sick twisted mentality. These posts are callous, demented, and borderline sociopathic. Happiness can only exist in acceptance.

I agree. I hate the lack of due process its terrible... but they have you by the balls on probation.

Bummer dude. The good thing is there are a million other things to do in this world. OFC its a gut punch to lose your seat in the FAA but there are silver linings to be found in everything (like now you wont be entitled, sedentary, ambitionless, and die young like so many ATCers). All the roads we have to walk are winding, if not the destination wouldn't be worth it anyway. Besides, there is a certain satisfaction in a comeback story, regardless of how recklessly indifferent some of the holier than thou message board snark is. Grind away and get after it! Godspeed brother

View attachment 3398

Agree that it shouldn't* be a crime, but it is and the world is sometimes upside down.

View attachment 3398

Thanks means a lot

My way of justifying it is that he never drove under the influence. And if it’s dismissed they can reinstate you. You don’t lose your medical permanently over a charge, it can be reinstated as soon as you show them the charge was dismissed. I know because it happened to me (with a TOL not at the academy)

That’s great, was it during your probationary year? Alcohol related? Did they have you do any sort of evaluation?

You’re acting like if it gets dismissed they’ll just play it off. The AME guide literally says to deny the medical.

View attachment 3398

Kicking him while he’s down?

1) This person was well aware of the consequences regarding alcohol involved incidents.

2) They came on a public ATC forum and admitted to an alcohol related crime.

DUI being excessive? Sure. Public intoxication would get the same results.

In a career where alcohol abuse is rampant, you really want someone who can’t even keep shit straight through the academy?

In a career where alcohol abuse is rampant, you really want someone who can’t even keep shit straight through the academy?
[/QUOTE]

but he’s probably a good time at work or at that check out party, cmon bro why such a buzz kill?

Haha I complety agree with you. Who cares my thoughts on what I think about the law, the fact is that it is a law and the guy drove somewhere and decided to drink rather then just have a damn soda or because he did drink instead of uber home he slept in his car? Bad judgement and this is why there is a probation period. Can’t control himself for one year and people defend him cuz they might want to share a Busch Light with him, and don’t agree with the law, pathetic.

Kicking him while he’s down?

1) This person was well aware of the consequences regarding alcohol involved incidents.

2) They came on a public ATC forum and admitted to an alcohol related crime.

DUI being excessive? Sure. Public intoxication would get the same results.

He came on here to literally say that your ATC career is more important than a few drinks. If the FAA deems he is not able to be an AC than that is between them. You are pointing out things that everyone already knows. “DUI’s are bad” no crap, people are trying to be positive because more than one of us have made mistakes (like you when you were 17).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom