Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

well obviously that means we need to wait to certify anyone until American brings all those flights back. A trainee might not know how to handle those extra 3 flights per push. To the benches!

sidenote: I'm sure CF is close to locking the thread even though he won't remove the irrelevant posts from others, and I'm even more sure mine are about to be deleted. Loaded rigged nonsense.

Maybe that would work at slower facilities, but you can’t allow incomplete controllers to certify and hope they get better. If ATL or ORD are at 60-70% of their historic traffic, they are still the 3rd or 4th busiest airports in the world behind their own numbers! Maybe, maybe LAX or DFW’s old busier numbers just beat them. Maybe... I’ve already seen what incomplete certifications do here and those people couldn’t work pre COVID-19 traffic, still can’t work COVID-19 traffic so how in the hell are they going to work busier traffic?
Ok almost none of the trainees in the NAS are at a80. So a80 should have zero fucking input on this

well obviously that means we need to wait to certify anyone until American brings all those flights back. A trainee might not know how to handle those extra 3 flights per push. To the benches!

sidenote: I'm sure CF is close to locking the thread even though he won't remove the irrelevant posts from others, and I'm even more sure mine are about to be deleted. Loaded rigged nonsense.
A level 4 controller wouldn’t understand the intricacies of being a forum moderator.

i agree with all of your salty rants except... leave Robertb alone! He's a great American

the reason I'm missing your point is because I seriously don't understand the point you're trying to make? Since I'm a dumb level 4 tower flower, can you break it down in non-elite level 12 essential status terms for me?
The point is that even at covid level traffic ATL, ORD, DFW, DEN etc are still some of the busiest airports in the world. However it doesn't compare to full traffic. You can't just certify people and hope they figure it out on their own when all the positions are split and traffic ramps back up.

The point is that even at covid level traffic ATL, ORD, DFW, DEN etc are still some of the busiest airports in the world. However it doesn't compare to full traffic. You can't just certify people and hope they figure it out on their own when all the positions are split and traffic ramps back up.
Then when it gets that busy pull them off and do some fam time. This isn’t rocket science.

Half the CPCs should be pulled off after 5 months of straight mids
I was thinking about this the other day. The people working the mid at my tower have talked to like 10 airplanes In the last 6 months. The late flights were the first to go at my airport.

So you want to be certified, but pulled off position if it gets too busy? Equal CPC, just not equal on traffic they can work?
I think they’ll find that they won’t have to pull anyone off. But if they are going to halt training for reasons like this. Then you need a solution.

Then when it gets that busy pull them off and do some fam time. This isn’t rocket science.

Being certified means you are capable to work under general supervision, it’s the supervision part that matters in this scenario. I’m not saying supervisors watch them although they should be better at that and I’m not saying pull them off but can they work that 60-70 percent of normal and do it well? then the answer is certify them. Because you won’t get the extra 30-40 percent over night and they will get better overtime as that extra traffic comes back. and it just might mean everyone will have to pay attention just a little more than they already do.
Not certifying than is bullshit, we are supposed to be all working together anyway, but think the next generation is less than capable just because they didn’t see what you did is complete bull, and self defeating. Not certifying them or working harder than you do to get that outcome and to make sure they are capable only hurts yourself and leave and whatever else you might want.

Edit: for the record I’m actually agreeing with you 32

Or maybe they could just say they have to go to the bathroom when it gets busy and then wait out the push.

Or maybe they could just hang by the supervisor desk and wait for someone else to get the sector.

Or maybe they could tell the supervisor they should take a break and they will be CIC.

Oh wait, all these things happen now with weak controllers. Gonna be a run on TMU and FLM jobs in a couple years!

I think the NAS should rotate around GCN since it is the only facility with a natural wonder, then ZJX because goats.

the reason I'm missing your point is because I seriously don't understand the point you're trying to make? Since I'm a dumb level 4 tower flower, can you break it down in non-elite level 12 essential status terms for me?
You can’t certify incomplete controllers at high level facilities because they are working more traffic volume/complexity and can kill people quickly versus allowing someone to season, at say CSG, where they do 52 total ops a day. Even with COVID-19 numbers, ATL and ORD are busier facilities where an idiot can cause problems extremely quickly. Hopefully, that is easier for you to process through your brain. I really, really hope all of you bitchy, entitled trainees make it through and achieve CPC. You’ve had months to prepare and learn your material.

You can’t certify incomplete controllers at high level facilities because they are working more traffic volume/complexity and can kill people quickly versus allowing someone to season, at say CSG, where they do 52 total ops a day. Even with COVID-19 numbers, ATL and ORD are busier facilities where an idiot can cause problems extremely quickly. Hopefully, that is easier for you to process through your brain. I really, really hope all of you bitchy, entitled trainees make it through and achieve CPC. You’ve had months to prepare and learn your material.
So can the rest of us start training. Or the whole NAS has to be on training hold till a80 is ready?

so I can certify by knowing the material? Or I have to see peak traffic? I’m confused now.

I’ll break it down. I’m at A80 so we’re more important than every other facility. We work way harder and do more and are more difficult than everywhere
No one ever said that. I just presented actual facts (traffic numbers) to back up my statement. You can screw things up quicker at the ATLs and ORDs of the world that the agency cannot and should not certify people who aren’t capable. Do you think N90 should let say a LGA incompetent trainee certify when they can quickly cause significant problems to their west, east, and north? It is really obvious that some of you haven’t worked or certified at busier facilities. Really freaking obvious!

No one ever said that. I just presented actual facts (traffic numbers) to back up my statement. You can screw things up quicker at the ATLs and ORDs of the world that the agency cannot and should not certify people who aren’t capable. Do you think N90 should let say a LGA incompetent trainee certify when they can quickly cause significant problems to their west, east, and north? It is really obvious that some of you haven’t worked or certified at busier facilities. Really freaking obvious!
Again, with the assuming. You guys are on a roll today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom