Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ATM is now telling us that even though we have the staffing to accomplish training on 5/5, we aren’t allowed to and we have to go back to 5/2 in order to get training started again. He claims Article 65 means whenever someone has a break in training of five consecutive calendar days we have to reset their hours.

ARTICLE 67
TRAINING
Section 1. The Parties agree that the Agency determines individual training methods and needs. Employees will be given the opportunity to receive training in a fair and equitable manner.
Section 2. If an employee's developmental training is interrupted for thirty (30) days or more, the employee shall be granted sufficient training time to attain the level of proficiency he/she had at the time of the interruption, prior to the resumption of the remaining allotted training hours. The employee's evaluations and/or training reports shall be used by the Agency to determine when the employee's former level of proficiency has been re-attained.

I'm assuming you mean Article 67. In which case your ATM has the number recognition capabilities of a cucumber and has no business managing an ATC facility.

I'm assuming you mean Article 67. In which case your ATM has the number recognition capabilities of a cucumber and has no business managing an ATC facility.

Yeah maybe something got lost in translation, this is what I’ve heard from our rep and he isn’t super clear on it. He says it may be the agency trying to set a definition for “inconsistent training” based on past TRBs and trying to head that off at the pass. Supposedly we’ll know more after a telecon tomorrow afternoon.

I was just wondering if other people who are still on 5/5 are having their ATMs say this or if we’re special.

Yeah maybe something got lost in translation, this is what I’ve heard from our rep and he isn’t super clear on it. He says it may be the agency trying to set a definition for “inconsistent training” based on past TRBs and trying to head that off at the pass. Supposedly we’ll know more after a telecon tomorrow afternoon.

I was just wondering if other people who are still on 5/5 are having their ATMs say this or if we’re special.
I don’t think anything is officially rolled out till the mythical Wednesday telcon

Currently restarting stage 3 classes as we have completed all of them since the beginning of the zoom sessions. That also included days of video watching and additional training items

I listened to the eastern briefing. Pretty basic and doesn’t cover anything about EA kids or high risks (to be determined). Just briefed the two documents that were shown here the other day, a lot of redundancy about social distancing and masks if unable.

I listened to the eastern briefing. Pretty basic and doesn’t cover anything about EA kids or high risks (to be determined). Just briefed the two documents that were shown here the other day, a lot of redundancy about social distancing and masks if unable.
So do you think OJTI can restart by the end of the week?

So do you think OJTI can restart by the end of the week?
? not until PSS (apparently we’re too cool for PPE so we made our own retarded acronym) arrives for use and the local union/management get together and set up the training plan to forward up the chain for approval.
I doubt that will be fast unfortunately.

Our facility just put out the word that all previous trainee's will resume immediately, new hires with no training history will continue zoom classes until we get a MOU for them.

Saw an email from one of my previous facilities that said they anticipate starting training on the next unpublished pay period, so Oct.

Our facility just put out the word that all previous trainee's will resume immediately, new hires with no training history will continue zoom classes until we get a MOU for them.
Can you define all previous trainees?

Btw you don’t even need a stylus for vscs. It’s not even a modern touchscreen. You can touch it with literally anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom