Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual footage of the anti-training zealots reacting to today’s developments
tenor.gif

Check it out and give us your take. They got a couple PDFs in there
I read today's posts.
Coincides with everything I've been hearing weekly. Start training the people that are already in the building. Then slowly introduce others according to the OJT recall plan (still need to read that.)
If you used to train two people in the tower (ground and local) now you can only train one person at a time. To train more, the ATM and Facrep need to get district approval based on mitigating factors.

The new training order that has been worked on the last year plus, the 3120.4R, is basically complete I heard last month. That's expected to be released soon as well.

So for those of us that are not back on BWS are we just going to create new training teams? And we have a training supervisor who I haven't seen in months because he's on another crew... is he going to magically be on all crews to do new training team meetings (thus ruining the point of having separate crews)? I guess I'll just wait and see what my local has to say

But a lot of us back need lab so we’re prolly screwed too. My facility said those that were in OJT portion would need fam problems in the lab before they can train again
Just like they gave us lab time before having us do recerts after not working for 3 months? Oh wait... lol

So for those of us that are not back on BWS are we just going to create new training teams? And we have a training supervisor who I haven't seen in months because he's on another crew... is he going to magically be on all crews to do new training team meetings (thus ruining the point of having separate crews)? I guess I'll just wait and see what my local has to say
I dunno you’ll prolly just get assigned to whatever crew your current training team is on. We always just did grinding team meetings with our assigned FLM

I read today's posts.
Coincides with everything I've been hearing weekly. Start training the people that are already in the building. Then slowly introduce others according to the OJT recall plan (still need to read that.)
If you used to train two people in the tower (ground and local) now you can only train one person at a time. To train more, the ATM and Facrep need to get district approval based on mitigating factors.

The new training order that has been worked on the last year plus, the 3120.4R, is basically complete I heard last month. That's expected to be released soon as well.

Stinger - what happens if both an ATM and Facrep concur that training should not take place period. Is that an option? What guidance has come down on that front?

Hey salty, what happened to the furloughs?

My suspicion is that the agency threatened them and that's why training is being forced to restart amid a global pandemic. Remember, NATCA wanted FAA controllers on EA until the threat was eradicated.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday - I said that furloughs were inevitable on our current path (ie, keeping people at home forever). Trainees are not training yet, and non-essentials have nothing but some internet rumors. The threat is far from other.

Sincerely,

non-as-salty-as-you-think.

My suspicion is that the agency threatened them and that's why training is being forced to restart amid a global pandemic. Remember, NATCA wanted FAA controllers on EA until the threat was eradicated.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday - I said that furloughs were inevitable on our current path (ie, keeping people at home forever). Trainees are not training yet, and non-essentials have nothing but some internet rumors. The threat is far from other.

Sincerely,

non-as-salty-as-you-think.
Dude, give it up already.

The troll has gone on long enough

Our ATM is now telling us that even though we have the staffing to accomplish training on 5/5, we aren’t allowed to and we have to go back to 5/2 in order to get training started again. He claims Article 65 means whenever someone has a break in training of five consecutive calendar days we have to reset their hours.

Our ATM is now telling us that even though we have the staffing to accomplish training on 5/5, we aren’t allowed to and we have to go back to 5/2 in order to get training started again. He claims Article 65 means whenever someone has a break in training of five consecutive calendar days we have to reset their hours.
lolol wtf

It’s literally in the document.

1. Prior to OJT resuming on a position/sector the agency will ensure the provisions of Article 67 Section 2 of the collective bargaining agreement are followed.
a. If an employee's developmental training is interrupted for thirty (30) days or more, the employee shall be granted sufficient training time to attain the level of proficiency he/she had at the
time of the interruption, prior to the resumption of the remaining allotted training hours. The employee's evaluations and/or training reports shall be used by the Agency to determine when the employee's former level of proficiency has been re- attained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom