Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Tells people to stop being stupid and look something up, then doesn’t look up that reference to make their point.”

Let me guess Gen Z? Have someone else do their research for them? I don’t have to look it up, I know the information.
Nope, try again boomer.

a. Personnel who have not worked an operational position in the last 120 days, but have done so in the last year, must receive instructor-led training, simulation training, and OJT prior to recertification. OJT hours must not exceed 50 percent of the target hours established for developmentals with no previous experience.
So would this mean that they would have to go back upstairs again?

a. Personnel who have not worked an operational position in the last 120 days, but have done so in the last year, must receive instructor-led training, simulation training, and OJT prior to recertification. OJT hours must not exceed 50 percent of the target hours established for developmentals with no previous experience.
So would this mean that they would have to go back upstairs again?

If you go 120 days without working on the floor, you lose your ticket, and you go back to square one (in your case - upstairs) and you’re on an expedited path (50% of hours, etc). Bring on the training delays for yearzzzzzz!!!

Then just a needy whiner? BTW I hate OU!?
BTW, you’re welcome I posted the ref. for you.
I’d already read it but thanks. I’m perfectly capable of looking things up.
If you go 120 days without working on the floor, you lose your ticket, and you go back to square one (in your case - upstairs) and you’re on an expedited path (50% of hours, etc). Bring on the training delays for yearzzzzzz!!!
but that also includes the CPCs who have been off of work

Yes. It’s the same as if a CPC loses their medical for an extended period (over 120 days) and has to get re-certified. Usually it’s more of a formality than anything.
Forced to go through the training department again doesn’t sound like a formality though. Especially for Devs. Sounds like another shot at taking out a Dev that may not be liked

Forced to go through the training department again doesn’t sound like a formality though. Especially for Devs. Sounds like another shot at taking out a Dev that may not be liked

TBH, i dunno how often DEVs get send back to classroom as a result of not having currency for 120 days. Until this. I wouldn’t be worried about it, though.

TBH, i dunno how often DEVs get send back to classroom as a result of not having currency for 120 days. Until this. I wouldn’t be worried about it, though.
If they just let them work for a week they can get currency. Your talking about 5-8 certs at a center of your d2

That is the only way they will be taken out in the lab. If they burned bridges and became hated throughout the facility in their short career already. It does happen sometimes, I would wager a fair amount of simulator washouts are due to things like that, as normally a facility will do everything it can to not wash out a legit trainee on a video game.

It’s an abbreviated classroom/lab/OJT. You’ll sit down within your training team and devise a training plan to recertifications. The facility should have a local training order that dictates minimum training to recertify.

That is the only way they will be taken out in the lab. If they burned bridges and became hated throughout the facility in their short career already. It does happen sometimes, I would wager a fair amount of simulator washouts are due to things like that, as normally a facility will do everything it can to not wash out a legit trainee on a video game.

Most facilities have literally never washed anyone out in the sim, tho its supposedly possible. Then of course a few select facilities like N90 purposely wash out just about everyone out in the lab. #BestJobInTheWorld #PassTheShugga

Most facilities have literally never washed anyone out in the sim, tho its supposedly possible.

I've been at 3 level 10 or higher facilities (Centers and Tracon). Seen people wash in each lab, Supervisors included. Washing people in the lab saves years of agony in most cases.

I don't think you can wash out of D or R school if you have already passed D & R school. You just need to run FAM problems. Regardless, if you already have certifications and now you're worried that you could actually wash out in the lab then what does that say about your certifications?

I don't think you can wash out of D or R school if you have already passed D & R school. You just need to run FAM problems. Regardless, if you already have certifications and now you're worried that you could actually wash out in the lab then what does that say about your certifications?
I think it’s more having to go do that for god knows how long vs the faa just letting you working 16 hours. I’m sure the nimble training departments will have the labs up the day the training order is lifted. ???

I think it’s more having to go do that for god knows how long vs the faa just letting you working 16 hours. I’m sure the nimble training departments will have the labs up the day the training order is lifted. ???

CPC center to center transfers still have to run FAM problems. It's really not that big of a deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom