Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forced to go through the training department again doesn’t sound like a formality though. Especially for Devs. Sounds like another shot at taking out a Dev that may not be liked
Doubtful. You know how shitty it would look and how many red flags would fly if a facility certified someone, they had their cert lapse due to a pandemic and then try wash them on the recert? They would have to admit that certifying them them was a mistake and done In error, lapse of judgement etc. that’s a bold thing to put on the official record. You would be setting the stage a massive grievance, inquiry and possible lawsuit

Most facilities have literally never washed anyone out in the sim, tho its supposedly possible. Then of course a few select facilities like N90 purposely wash out just about everyone out in the lab. #BestJobInTheWorld #PassTheShugga
C90 has and oh man are there stories

That is the only way they will be taken out in the lab. If they burned bridges and became hated throughout the facility in their short career already. It does happen sometimes, I would wager a fair amount of simulator washouts are due to things like that, as normally a facility will do everything it can to not wash out a legit trainee on a video game.

They still had to end up in sims for a second time to begin with. Other than losing a medical, and, well, this whole ordeal, how often does that happen?

If they just let them work for a week they can get currency. Your talking about 5-8 certs at a center of your d2

Agreed, but unfortunately a lot of people aren't seeing it that way. Like, everyone except trainees.

I’m sure the nimble training departments will have the labs up the day the training order is lifted.

I heard some places were using sim labs as backups to the floor in the event they had to do a cleaning deal overnight. If that's true - what happens if the training order is lifted but the facility still wants to use the sim lab as a backup? maybe they can switch back and forth, but I just feel like they won't want to...

Doubtful. You know how shitty it would look and how many red flags would fly if a facility certified someone, they had their cert lapse due to a pandemic and then try wash them on the recert? They would have to admit that certifying them them was a mistake and done In error, lapse of judgement etc. that’s a bold thing to put on the official record. You would be setting the stage a massive grievance, inquiry and possible lawsuit
I've seen someone certify on local get a dui and wash out on recert.

I've seen someone certify on local get a dui and wash out on recert.
We had a dude certify in the tower , go to rtf , come back and not be able to certify. Went through 6 months of unlimited hours and eventually went back to where he came from. Granted he was one of the dumbest people I’ve ever met.

Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.
I worked at a place once where they made this poor HR lady lay off about 200 people. Then when she was done they laid her off

Heard from a NATCA rep awhile ago that basically said a plan is being formed to send all Federal employees back to work. Said the plan for us might be a bit different. Sounds like POTUS may be pushing to get things moving again.

Heard from a NATCA rep awhile ago that basically said a plan is being formed to send all Federal employees back to work. Said the plan for us might be a bit different. Sounds like POTUS may be pushing to get things moving again.

They're working on Phase 1.
Email from this morning:
MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION

TO: ALL DOT EMPLOYEES
Last Friday, the Office of Management and Budget approved the “Framework for DOT’s Return to Normal Operations.” The Framework details a three-phased approach that will guide how Operating Administrations and Secretarial Offices sequence and implement decisions on returning to normal operations and enable employees to gradually, effectively, and safely return to their respective onsite functions.

The Framework is posted on DOTNET for all employees to review. Your Administrator or Secretarial Officer is currently drafting a workplan for Phase 1 transition. Creating a Framework like this was a task that required an abundance of coordination, deliberation and consideration of many factors. Returning to normal operations will not happen overnight, nor will it happen at the same time and in the same way for every facility across the country. As such, employees should continue their current work posture until you have been notified otherwise by your leadership team or supervisor.

During this unprecedented time, DOT employees once again proved that you are resilient and duty-bound. You rose to the challenge in every capacity, and as a result of your hard-work and commitment to keep this country and Department moving, our great Nation will be in a better position to recover and move past this historic crisis. The DOT leadership team is grateful for all that you do and will rely on your dedication as we continue to navigate this challenge.

The PDF isn't opening on my computer even after signing into MyFAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom