Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having worked both Level 11 TRACON and Center.. each are their own different beast. My experience is that if you’ve only done one you truly don’t know what it’s like to work the other or understand. I laugh at my fellow TRACON controllers (who’ve never worked center) who bitch about center for some things they do then laugh when I talk to my center buddies (who’ve never worked TRACON) who bitch about what TRACON does for certain things. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Center is easier, just admit it. I do.
Center might be easier solely because of ERAM, I swear man, half the shit I deal with is finding out what the hell is going on because STARS blows and their stupid wizard code keyboard entries to get things to work with spaces, splats, slants, triangle symbols, it’s stupid. For God sakes man I have to go to another computer to put shit into the NAS if data isn’t around (which they usually aren’t)

Last edited:
Center might be easier solely because of ERAM, I swear man, half the shit I deal with is finding out what the hell is going on because STARS blows and their stupid wizard code keyboard entries to get things to work with spaces, splats, slants, triangle simples, it’s stupid. For God sakes man I have to go to another computer to put shit into the NAS if data isn’t around (which they usually aren’t)
Snoop-A-Lupe is doing his best lol

Why is the furlough talk on here just aimed at trainees? A few years back they did furlough us, ALL OF US, CPCs and trainees. It only lasted half a pay period, but it did happen. And last I checked trainee or CPC, no one is working 40 hour work weeks right now. So if being furloughed is a concern, it's a concern for EVERYONE. Not just trainees. But I highly doubt COVID19 will be allowed to cause furloughs. The same way the union/management came up magically with a way for the majority of trainees not to go over 120 days before recert, and have now come up with "zoom meetings." The union/management will come up with a way for CPCs and trainees to get their 40 hours a week IF/when it becomes necessary to prevent furloughs. Just my opinion though.

Why is the furlough talk on here just aimed at trainees? A few years back they did furlough us, ALL OF US, CPCs and trainees. It only lasted half a pay period, but it did happen. And last I checked trainee or CPC, no one is working 40 hour work weeks right now. So if being furloughed is a concern, it's a concern for EVERYONE. Not just trainees. But I highly doubt COVID19 will be allowed to cause furloughs. The same way the union/management came up magically with a way for the majority of trainees not to go over 120 days before recert, and have now come up with "zoom meetings." The union/management will come up with a way for CPCs and trainees to get their 40 hours a week IF/when it becomes necessary to prevent furloughs. Just my opinion though.
Agreed. If even government employees are going to furloughed without pay while the rest of America has been getting unemployment... we're fucked

The union/management will come up with a way for CPCs and trainees to get their 40 hours a week IF/when it becomes necessary to prevent furloughs. Just my opinion though.

This is probably accurate. Then the union will turn it around and say how they prevented furloughs even though they could’ve prevented it months ago without their giant boat anchor and not been in this mess.

Jeewillikers.
Thanks to the guy that gave us a couple links that basically say this virus will randomly destroy your life or that of your family member or your co-workers and it will eventually get you. That'll help me sleep.
There is no stopping it. Masks, 6ft, whatever. We never had a chance. We already agreed that our strategy was to keep the ICU beds from overfilling. Mostly, we are still keeping in line with that goal.
Frankly, with an underlying condition, my greatest hope is that I already had it. I know I had something similar last year that I've never had before (I was falling asleep with cough drops still on my tongue). And with new data suggesting 8 million had it by March, the odds that I actually already had this thing... I'd say it improves my hope.
Frankly some data makes me think we're going to come out of this overnight when we don't expect it: Covid 19 — What the Data Tells Us

Jeewillikers.
Thanks to the guy that gave us a couple links that basically say this virus will randomly destroy your life or that of your family member or your co-workers and it will eventually get you. That'll help me sleep.
There is no stopping it. Masks, 6ft, whatever. We never had a chance. We already agreed that our strategy was to keep the ICU beds from overfilling. Mostly, we are still keeping in line with that goal.
Frankly, with an underlying condition, my greatest hope is that I already had it. I know I had something similar last year that I've never had before (I was falling asleep with cough drops still on my tongue). And with new data suggesting 8 million had it by March, the odds that I actually already had this thing... I'd say it improves my hope.
Frankly some data makes me think we're going to come out of this overnight when we don't expect it: Covid 19 — What the Data Tells Us
Today the CDC said they think 28 million might have had it already

How are we not getting 40. 5 days of work, 4 RDO, and 5 EA a pay period. 40 per week

Hello NATCA higher up,

I think it is important to note that while cases are up in many places, fatality rates are down dramatically from those NY times (Most other governors haven't sicked Covid on their elderly and most vulnerable like Cuomo).

Also, what is the status of Hazard Pay? And what other politically charged Tshirts do you guys have planned next, and when will they drop on your social media? thx!

PT
Not a NATCA higher up, but people that die from the virus don't die immediately upon contracting it or showing symptoms. It's usually a few weeks later. Mortality rates lag case positive case rates by a few weeks. Further, many people that survive have lasting medical complications.

Everyone arguing for “safety” in this thread probably neglects wearing masks andhangs out with their buddies in the facility on shift
Neither the FAA or NATCA is responsible for enforcing social distancing outside of work. The FAA is responsible for ensuring a safe work environment. NATCA is responsible for negotiating safe work conditions. Any discussion about what controllers do on their breaks or off duty is irrelevant to the discussion about working conditions. Increasing exposure increases risk. That is where the focus has been and will likely continue to be. Yes, that extends checkout times. The FAA is in a much better staffing situation than it was a few years ago. All you need to do is look at the staffing worksheets for that to be obvious. Further, traffic likely won't be back to pre 2020 levels for a few years. Without a staffing crunch, the FAA and NATCA likely don't see any need to introduce unnecessary risk in order to decrease training time. I'm not saying it doesn't suck for current trainees. It certainly does, but those in charge are looking at a larger picture than the timeline to certify trainees.

Neither the FAA or NATCA is responsible for enforcing social distancing outside of work. The FAA is responsible for ensuring a safe work environment. NATCA is responsible for negotiating safe work conditions. Any discussion about what controllers do on their breaks or off duty is irrelevant to the discussion about working conditions. Increasing exposure increases risk. That is where the focus has been and will likely continue to be. Yes, that extends checkout times. The FAA is in a much better staffing situation than it was a few years ago. All you need to do is look at the staffing worksheets for that to be obvious. Further, traffic likely won't be back to pre 2020 levels for a few years. Without a staffing crunch, the FAA and NATCA likely don't see any need to introduce unnecessary risk in order to decrease training time. I'm not saying it doesn't suck for current trainees. It certainly does, but those in charge are looking at a larger picture than the timeline to certify trainees.

Every time you post I feel like I'm being spanked! You probably wouldn't be fun to smoke or drink with. Relax. Aint no one tryin get tongue lashed by some War and Peace giant posts Anthony Fauci jr.

giphy-23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom