Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even tho we legally can’t strike. A work slow down or an illegal strike holds a large deal of power over the FAA. I don’t think firing all the ATCs would play very well in 2020 in the media.

Basically, any power comes from public perception. Thin thread to hang by.

It’s worked pretty well every time it’s been flexed.
*get yourself fired to prevent yourself from being fired*
Spying Neighborhood Watch GIF by INTO ACTION

I'm doing that just to get the 14 days of EA

No just get “exposed” and you can do it over and over. Once you get it that’s that.
Real question for you and others.
What leave/work status (EA or sick/FFCRA emergency sick) are your facilities putting people on for:
1. COVID positive
2. Close contact with someone that's COVID positive
3. Close contact with someone that is sick (non COVID)
4. Sick, but not going to be tested for COVID

What leave/work status (EA or sick/FFCRA emergency sick) are your facilities putting people on for:
1. COVID positive
Covid positive test is the only EA, everything else is sick leave.

We get EA if we are exposed at work. It disqualified by the FS for close contact. Since we aren’t sick and aren’t calling out sick. 10 days for a negative test and 14 days for a positive test or no test.

Have to be within 6 feet for 30 minutes.

If your positive then you have to use SICK cus you are actually sick.

Positive COVID should be sick leave because you're sick.
Having no symptoms of anything, but being a close contact of someone in or out of work, covid or not, should be EA if the flight surgeon puts a 10-14 day hold on the medical clearance.

However, some districts are putting their own rules on it that everything is sick leave.

When I tested positive I used SL from the time I took the test until the results came back then the rest was EA. I'm in the Southern region.

1. COVID positive
The person that had covid was on sick leave. Everyone else around him got put on EA regardless if they went and took a test after and tested positive.

So for people still Zooming every day, how has it evolved at your facility? Ours is a complete joke at this point. It’s the instructors rambling about non ATC related topics or watching YouTube videos we’ve all seen a dozen times already. They pretty much go the full 4 hours every day because they’re scared someone will care if they end it early, but won’t care if they just BS the entire time.

So for people still Zooming every day, how has it evolved at your facility? Ours is a complete joke at this point. It’s the instructors rambling about non ATC related topics or watching YouTube videos we’ve all seen a dozen times already. They pretty much go the full 4 hours every day because they’re scared someone will care if they end it early, but won’t care if they just BS the entire time.
Are you not recalled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom