Travel rules

ATCJoe85

Forum Sage
Can't find anything on here, and general google search isn't much help either. We're supposed to notify someone of plans to travel to communist countries, correct? Can't find any details on who this someone is. ATM doesn't know, HR doesn't know. Got a trip to China planned soon. Any ideas?
TIA

No idea what you're talking about, but maybe the regional security office?

From what I understand this is applicable to non bargaining unit employees and being bargained for BUE’s. But at some point it will apply to us, just not yet.

Think this is covered under FAA Order 1600.61C. It is a recently updated Order (November 2018) that can only be viewed from the FAA intranet. However, 1600.61B is still available online in pdf format. While I have not reviewed .61C, .61B was applicable to employees traveling overseas even for personal reasons.

Manager is pretty insistent this applies to me, but uncertain: Phase 1: Effective 10/1/17- Employees with TS/SCI clearance begin reporting Phase 2 and 3 are not applicable to BUE.

Not entirely sure if I have access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information. He does pass on those daily incident reports to us.
Manager sent me a link to the reporting tool, but says "not authorized for this application".
1600.61c certainly sounds like it applies to all FAA employees.

Manager is pretty insistent this applies to me, but uncertain: Phase 1: Effective 10/1/17- Employees with TS/SCI clearance begin reporting Phase 2 and 3 are not applicable to BUE.

Not entirely sure if I have access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information. He does pass on those daily incident reports to us.
Manager sent me a link to the reporting tool, but says "not authorized for this application".
1600.61c certainly sounds like it applies to all FAA employees.
you would know if you have a top secret clearance :lol:
If you're a controller, you do not

I'm pretty sure that's just for official business or if you are a teleworker and bringing sensitive electronics with you.

May want to double check but I think you are good. I traveled to a less than friendly nation last year and it wasn't a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom