Well that "misdemeanor" thread right?!

Idk... I have a buddy that was married some years back and he elected to take his wife to the academy with him. Long story short she was an alcoholic and went out and got popped for a dui. The academy showed little remorse for him or his situation and threatened to shit can him because they didn't want the baggage he came with.

The point is if you're probationary lay low for the year, do your time and then act wild I guess.

Idk... I have a buddy that was married some years back and he elected to take his wife to the academy with him. Long story short she was an alcoholic and went out and got popped for a dui. The academy showed little remorse for him or his situation and threatened to shit can him because they didn't want the baggage he came with.

The point is if you're probationary lay low for the year, do your time and then act wild I guess.
Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if he did nothing wrong

You absolutely do have to report this on future background checks with the FAA. The question asked on the form is “Have you ever been ARRESTED and/OR convicted...”. It doesn’t matter if it’s dismissed or found not guilty etc. If you were arrested you have to put it down.

Last edited:
How so? He was probationary at the time. Is there something I'm missing? I am under the impression that when you are probationary they can fire you for nothing...

Where are all the lawsuit ideas coming from?

Not necessarily a lawsuit against the FAA, but against the place that accused them of theft and cost them their job

Firing someone for no reason is not the same as firing someone for a bad reason. The only thing is it's hard to prove it was the latter in court.

Even if there was no ill intent, a reasonable person would probably question how stuffing merchandise under their sweatshirt would look to anybody standing around. Situational awareness is a pretty big part of this gig.

Even if there was no ill intent, a reasonable person would probably question how stuffing merchandise under their sweatshirt would look to anybody standing around. Situational awareness is a pretty big part of this gig.
I could see myself sub consciously putting something in the kangaroo pocket of my sweatshirt for a moment.

I worked in loss prevention for a few years (not in OK) and we could never stop someone just for concealing merchandise. They had to attempt to exit or pass the register before we could try to stop them. Even then we had to meet a few more criteria leading up to that.

It would be hard to prove intent without that last part because there's plenty of reasonable doubt to be found in someone saying they didn't have room in their hands and was using the pocket on their sweater to hold it.

As with most things I'm guessing there is more to the story.

Back
Top Bottom