Where does seniority begin? FAA / NATCA

Well obviously leave and day off bidding would be based on national ranking. However, I’m getting conflicting answers on the transfer rankings. Hypothetical situation:

Person 1 has been NATCA member for 5 years but at the facility for 2 years. Person 2 has been a NATCA member for 3 years and at the facility for 3 years. Who gets higher priority for transfer? (All other tangibles aside) Does it go to the controller with higher NATCA seniority or the controller with higher facility seniority?
It goes to the person that is going to a facility that has the numbers to take people

It goes to the person that is going to a facility that has the numbers to take people

Haha of course that’s why I said all other tangibles aside but I understand there are a multitude of tangibles that matter and play into effect. Was just trying to find a definitive answer regarding seniority.

Seniority (currently) has nothing to do with transferring...

Thank you. What I’m looking for lol

ALL tangibles aside, who gets transfer priority, NATCA seniority or facility seniority?
It doesn't matter....doesn't even factor in.
Maybe for determining who gets released first...like 8 months after selection someone is released, then 12 months after selection the other one gets released, the ATM could use natca seniority if wanted, but there's no process or rules about it that I'm aware of.

Assuming NCEPT selections, they are released based on selection order. So the person selected by the higher priority facility will have first release as that facility was able to select first. If two people are selected by the same facility from the same facility I believe they give priority to whoever had the paperwork in the longest.

Back
Top Bottom