Where would you go

ROC is the jewel of the NAS, & you even get CIP!
What level are they

Go Vols

Also my list if we are just doing up/downs. Maybe replace chatt with Asheville.

A80 or ZTL if anything goes.
Only offering towers and up/downs but AVL is great aside from the money

Staff Support at TPA is my ultimate career goal. It will take me a long long time to even get a slight chance at it.
I worked at TPA for a while. How much time have you spent in the area

Why

My kids. No state taxes. And no property taxes when I get my disabilities approved.
Not having to worry about property taxes is definitely a big W for anyone.

Property taxes and sales tax are definitely rude awakenings to people "fleeing" to Texas because of its low tax reputation. It ends up being middle of the pack by the time you factor in your entire tax burden.

2023’s Tax Burden by State

I know there are additional factors to look into regarding taxes on TSP/pension/retirement income, but it seems like Tennessee near the GA or SC border would be the ideal place to retire (no income tax, low property taxes, and then travel across the border to avoid the higher sales tax).

Property taxes and sales tax are definitely rude awakenings to people "fleeing" to Texas because of its low tax reputation. It ends up being middle of the pack by the time you factor in your entire tax burden.

I know there are additional factors to look into regarding taxes on TSP/pension/retirement income, but it seems like Tennessee near the GA or SC border would be the ideal place to retire (no income tax, low property taxes, and then travel across the border to avoid the higher sales tax).
Yeah even this gets convoluted though. For instance ny is pretty bad....but you can subtract out a big chunk since we fall under their retirement plan and don't get taxed the same on our federal pension

Why would you advocate for avoiding paying taxes? Don't you like all the nice things in society that taxes pay for?

"tHe gOvErNmEnT PrOvIdEs sErViCeS. iF YoU DoN’T WaNt tHe gOvErNmEnT To dO AnYtHiNg gO LiVe iN ThE OpEn sEa wHeRe tHeRe iSn’t cOuNtRiEs" - AB19

Why would you advocate for avoiding paying taxes? Don't you like all the nice things in society that taxes pay for?

"tHe gOvErNmEnT PrOvIdEs sErViCeS. iF YoU DoN’T WaNt tHe gOvErNmEnT To dO AnYtHiNg gO LiVe iN ThE OpEn sEa wHeRe tHeRe iSn’t cOuNtRiEs" - AB19
I believe everyone should pay the taxes they owe. Taxes are the cover charge to party at Club USA.

I believe taxes should fund good, large, and important services; probably/definitely more services than you deem worthwhile of government intervention and oversight. I like having clean drinking water and I don't believe budget constraints should impact the ability for people to access it; when it comes to the government and the pick-two paradox of cheap/fast/good I have no problem opting for fast & good at the expense of cheap.

I also believe I would like to pay as minimal amount of taxes as possible. To quote J.G. Wentworth, "it's my money and I need it now!"

good fast cheap paradox.jpg

I believe everyone should pay the taxes they owe. Taxes are the cover charge to party at Club USA.

I believe taxes should fund good, large, and important services; probably/definitely more services than you deem worthwhile of government intervention and oversight. I like having clean drinking water and I don't believe budget constraints should impact the ability for people to access it; when it comes to the government and the pick-two paradox of cheap/fast/good I have no problem opting for fast & good at the expense of cheap.

I also believe I would like to pay as minimal amount of taxes as possible. To quote J.G. Wentworth, "it's my money and I need it now!"

View attachment 8673
There isn't a large enough tax revenue to fund all of the wonderful programs we have now. If people pay even less, how will those programs be sustained going forward? But by advocating for everyone to pay as few taxes as possible (the minimum they owe), you're essentially advocating for budgetary cuts and and starving the beast so these programs can't function effectively. You should be advocating for more people to be paying more than their fair share so we can save the drinking water and stop global warming. Anyway, I better stop before this thread gets totally derailed as per usual.

There isn't a large enough tax revenue to fund all of the wonderful programs we have now. If people pay even less, how will those programs be sustained going forward? But by advocating for everyone to pay as few taxes as possible (the minimum they owe), you're essentially advocating for budgetary cuts and and starving the beast so these programs can't function effectively. You should be advocating for more people to be paying more than their fair share so we can save the drinking water and stop global warming. Anyway, I better stop before this thread gets totally derailed as per usual.
Make everyone pay their fair share before you start worrying about more than their fair share.

Good start: The Pentagon can only account for 39% of the $3.1 trillion it spends. Either show us 'dem aliens (or a spaceship), or lose half of the amount it can't account for each year for the following year.

Area 51 Dancing GIF by Richie Brown

Good start: The Pentagon can only account for 39% of the $3.1 trillion it spends. Either show us 'dem aliens (or a spaceship), or lose half of the amount it can't account for each year for the following year.

Area 51 Dancing GIF by Richie Brown
How they gonna account for it without giving like every secret on earth? Yah uh we lost it oh well.

I only wanna pay for the things I use because I'm a libertarian and I don't believe in helping other people cause I'm a self centered person

I can get behind this, the amount of fraud/waste/abuse that goes on in DoD is staggering…
And yet they still only have single-ply…

The programs we have are what I think need to be reviewed and cut if need be. I’m all for getting people legitimate help as the game of life isn’t getting easier, but the ones that allow ppl who want to be worthless plebs all their lives and mooch off our social programs at our expense need to go.

the ones that allow ppl who want to be worthless plebs all their lives and mooch off our social programs at our expense
Read an article the other day reviewing a book about poverty in America. It pointed out that our "welfare state," as a percentage of GDP, is second only to France's... but only if you include things like 529 benefits, child tax credits, homeowner subsidies, etc. A SALT deduction on your 1040 is every bit as much "welfare" as food stamps are, money being fungible, but we percieve the two very very differently as a society. And the well-off benefit far more; one statistic they highlighted was that in 2020 homeowners got $193B in subsidies (interest deductions and such) while low-income families only received $53B in direct housing assistance.

Point being, I guess, maybe take a hard look at your thoughts and perceptions and biases. If someone is working a full-time job at the $7.25/hr minimum wage they're making fifteen thousand a year before taxes. So they need to go on food stamps, "at our expense," and that's a bad thing? What about the CEOs of defense contractors who benefit from bloated contracts, also "at our expense?" What about the massive subsidies we pour into the oil and gas industry?

Personally I'm a lot less cut up about my tax dollars going to help lift a single teenage mother out of poverty than them going to line the pockets of Lockheed Martin execs.

Read an article the other day reviewing a book about poverty in America. It pointed out that our "welfare state," as a percentage of GDP, is second only to France's... but only if you include things like 529 benefits, child tax credits, homeowner subsidies, etc. A SALT deduction on your 1040 is every bit as much "welfare" as food stamps are, money being fungible, but we percieve the two very very differently as a society. And the well-off benefit far more; one statistic they highlighted was that in 2020 homeowners got $193B in subsidies (interest deductions and such) while low-income families only received $53B in direct housing assistance.

Point being, I guess, maybe take a hard look at your thoughts and perceptions and biases. If someone is working a full-time job at the $7.25/hr minimum wage they're making fifteen thousand a year before taxes. So they need to go on food stamps, "at our expense," and that's a bad thing? What about the CEOs of defense contractors who benefit from bloated contracts, also "at our expense?" What about the massive subsidies we pour into the oil and gas industry?

Personally I'm a lot less cut up about my tax dollars going to help lift a single teenage mother out of poverty than them going to line the pockets of Lockheed Martin execs.
Shut up and lick the boot why don't they just get a better job instead of being a poor mom. They should be punished for having sex. Think of the poor king and queens CEOS

Your second paragraph would be an instance where that person deserves some help, which falls within the context what I said. However, that should be temporary until they can work their way up to a better financial situation with better employment benefits, compensation etc. I’m sorry but if you aspire to make minimum wage your whole life you have failed.

And I was honestly referring to the programs for “worthless plebs” as those who have NO job and want to perpetually live off welfare, making no contribution to society. There’s WAY too much of that going on and it’s like no one is doing a thing about it.

Again I’m all for helping where it’s legitimately needed, funding leeches that suck on the government tit is where I draw the line.

My dream facility has always been Tampa. Not sure why, I've never even put in to transfer there either. Just seems like a cool city and being someone that has worked both tower and center, working tower and radar at the same time sounds cool. Beach living and a cool downtown in one city. I just can't get ok with that eastern time zone lol

They should be punished for having sex responsible for the consequences of the their own choices and actions.
Ftfy. I know, I know, I'm such a heartless piece of shit for believing if you take out a loan, you should have to pay it back. If you fuck off in hs and become a drug addict, I shouldn't be reloading your ebt card on the 1st of the month for life. If you let your loser bf of 3 months raw dog you and his pullout game isn't as strong as he promised it was, it's not my job to feed and house you and your kid for the next 18 years.

Back
Top Bottom