Where would you go

windshift

Hello all. If you could go to any tower or up down facility (no centers or standalone tracons) where would it be and why? Thanks for the comments

ATL, no radar high pay cheap living beautiful weather. Would even take a staff support job. Whatever it takes.

ATL - Location relative to home, pay, been a life goal

DEN - My preferred location, pay, location relative to extracurriculars, more modern city vs Atlanta

Cost of living is comparative with DEN’s cola and incentive pay + no state taxes, most cost of goods are more expensive but Denver’s average property tax is exactly half that of Atlanta’s. Denver also has a lower crime rate.

CLT MIA or ATL. Money and location
Thanks for the reply. So you prefer big city life?

ATL, no radar high pay cheap living beautiful weather. Would even take a staff support job. Whatever it takes.
Thanks for the reply. But whatever it takes for what?

ATL, always wanted to try it out and it’s home for me
Is home the main allure for you?

ATL - Location relative to home, pay, been a life goal

DEN - My preferred location, pay, location relative to extracurriculars, more modern city vs Atlanta

Cost of living is comparative with DEN’s cola and incentive pay + no state taxes, most cost of goods are more expensive but Denver’s average property tax is exactly half that of Atlanta’s. Denver also has a lower crime rate.
Thanks for the reply. Both good money. Heard DEN apt is in the middle of nowhere. Do love the state though. Many more adventures to be had compared to ATL

PIE - Location is incredible and no state income tax.
Thanks for the reply. It is a beautiful location. Have you ever lived in FL

Thanks for the reply. Both good money. Heard DEN apt is in the middle of nowhere. Do love the state though. Many more adventures to be had compared to ATL
Yeah the airport is in the middle of a field 20-40 minutes east of the city depending on which side you’re on.

Have a couple buddies at D01 and they seem to be enjoying it.

Have family there and I've vacationed there dozens of times. I got the enroute track so ZJX would be awesome if it starts getting offered more frequently to academy grads. also COS atct would be awesome especially if you like skiing /snowboarding.

Mainly yes but I’ve always wanted to work a high level tower and it’s just nice that I have back home

Not really atl you can live a decent ways away if you don’t mind the commute. CLT I feel is the same way. Mia I don’t know much about but I love Florida and would easily take it. Can I ask why you don’t have a Tracon or center? Are you looking to transfer or getting into the FAA

This thread will show exactly why they should close facilities.

Everyone is going to say 30-40 places and even if you do direct hire from the locale of the rest, those people will still want to end up at those same 30-40 places for all the same reasons.

Consolidate and staffing increases at the rest.

Yeah the airport is in the middle of a field 20-40 minutes east of the city depending on which side you’re on.

Have a couple buddies at D01 and they seem to be enjoying it.
I thought colorado has state taxes? I live in WY and all the Colorado residents complain about the taxes (rightfully so)

I thought colorado has state taxes? I live in WY and all the Colorado residents complain about the taxes (rightfully so)
Nah you right, I’m an idiot. I was actually just looking at this a few days ago so not sure where I got mixed up 😑

Edit: Colorado does have the 5th lowest avg property tax of the 50 plus DC. They do however sit at 14th on annual tax burden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom