WY-11404259-AF-22-031 (CCTLR Cheyenne, WY)

TushingPin

Trusted Contributor

Figured I could throw this out if we have anyone here who qualifies/interested. Quite a interesting climate here (work wise) but we have some AMAZING leadership currently, and they are looking to expand this. Feel free to send me a PM or post on here for any specifics. GS-12, CCTLR spot, DOD, ANG. Pretty good gig, and the area really isn't THAT bad. Atleast, we enjoy it.

Figured I could throw this out if we have anyone here who qualifies/interested. Quite a interesting climate here (work wise) but we have some AMAZING leadership currently, and they are looking to expand this. Feel free to send me a PM or post on here for any specifics. GS-12, CCTLR spot, DOD, ANG. Pretty good gig, and the area really isn't THAT bad. Atleast, we enjoy it.
You don't see title 5's here very often. Why is this place ALWAYS hiring?

You don't see title 5's here very often. Why is this place ALWAYS hiring?

Theres a few reasons, its Wyoming, the wind is cold, winter is cold. Some people under estimate it. That being said a lot of the previous Title V spots that have been open were due to some personnel issues and what not. I can say that if you're a "problem" child, its not wanted here, and the leaderships actively looking to change that (and has within the last 12 months). Additionally, if its something that you're interested it, you can be part of the change. This place has a pretty tainted past.

Theres a few reasons, its Wyoming, the wind is cold, winter is cold. Some people under estimate it. That being said a lot of the previous Title V spots that have been open were due to some personnel issues and what not. I can say that if you're a "problem" child, its not wanted here, and the leaderships actively looking to change that (and has within the last 12 months). Additionally, if its something that you're interested it, you can be part of the change. This place has a pretty tainted past.
Ah I see, I love Wyoming, especially western WY. Too bad all we got that way is Jackson Hole, not fed. Currently in FAA, but can't leave. May need to make some drastic changes here in a few years if I can't leave. I'm all for getting rid of problem children lol. Too damn hard to get rid of the few we have. Do they fire you or relocate you? Have no experience with the DOD. Glad it's getting better there

If youre a problem child.... (problem with DOD) and you're outside of your 52 week probation, you essentially need to be fired, or retire. If you have some good ATM's or CCTLRs, they arent picking crap people, but... It happens. The leadership will make it difficult for people to be problems...... Not sure if this really makes sense or not but all I can say is its growing and getting better!

If youre a problem child.... (problem with DOD) and you're outside of your 52 week probation, you essentially need to be fired, or retire. If you have some good ATM's or CCTLRs, they arent picking crap people, but... It happens. The leadership will make it difficult for people to be problems...... Not sure if this really makes sense or not but all I can say is its growing and getting better!
Ok well I may consider this place in the future. Can you shed some light on the traffic, work culture, and shifts you work? And you don't have to answer this one, but i'm a little curious as to why it was tainted in the past and an example of these toxic or problem children has done to make it miserable

Sure, bottom line up front, the toxicity of past was directly related to personnel. many have retired, or moved on. Traffic is a slow radar with a tower that gets busy at times. Intersecting runways, C130's, UH1's, UH60's and GA, 2 commuter flights a day. Hours are 0600-2200L. Two shifts, and we work a phoenix Friday schedule, IE every other "Friday" off with 8 nine hour shifts and a eight hour shift every 14 days. Tower is open 365. I would say culture wise its a fairly typical DoD facility, you have the drama that every facility has, but as a DoD facility there really is a emphasis on "home life" and ensuring the house is happy, at least recently here. I would say toxic individuals or "problem" people would be people who are more interested in coming to work to see how they can get someone in trouble, or people who complain and have no solutions to said issues. I think of all the facilities that I have worked at, they are about the same, its just here in the past they were really bad and prevalent.

Sure, bottom line up front, the toxicity of past was directly related to personnel. many have retired, or moved on. Traffic is a slow radar with a tower that gets busy at times. Intersecting runways, C130's, UH1's, UH60's and GA, 2 commuter flights a day. Hours are 0600-2200L. Two shifts, and we work a phoenix Friday schedule, IE every other "Friday" off with 8 nine hour shifts and a eight hour shift every 14 days. Tower is open 365. I would say culture wise its a fairly typical DoD facility, you have the drama that every facility has, but as a DoD facility there really is a emphasis on "home life" and ensuring the house is happy, at least recently here. I would say toxic individuals or "problem" people would be people who are more interested in coming to work to see how they can get someone in trouble, or people who complain and have no solutions to said issues. I think of all the facilities that I have worked at, they are about the same, its just here in the past they were really bad and prevalent.
Thank you very much, I'm sure you answered a lot of peoples questions on this thread for this current hiring bid and ones to come in the future. Also good news that if I or anyone else decides to work here later, most of the bad apples will be taken care of. Hope you get someone good on this bid!

I raise you Key West!

Back
Top Bottom