you can’t be fired twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Explanation" of a bullet point or two sounds to me like "clarification", and is reasonable.
Start explaining three bullet points and I get skeptical, that ventures into the realm of "justification."

You have 5 bullet points which encompasses 2 verbal altercations, a 5 day suspension, and 7 additional complaints about conduct and throwing packages, one of which was documented via video.

And all that happened in a 2-3 year period leading up until March this year.

Maybe you think of yourself as a model citizen, maybe you even are, and maybe you're a generally good guy. But as far as an employee, you sound like you suck.

Your best bet (assuming you're not late 20s) is to establish a new trend until 2025.

After you get hired and complete training, you're welcome to be a sucky employee again.

?
lol okay, but the objective is to rebut those things that make me sound like I suck. The adjudicator then looks at it as a whole.

Let’s say for sake of argument the above allegations are all true. I then provide the remarks of a past employer where I was a cashier. It reads, “it is my pleasure to recommend squab_captain, who shows a high degree of worth ethic and exceptional trustworthiness, for employment at your organization.” Now imagine that four times over from different bosses including the very one where I got fired. Does that not mitigate at least some of those bullet points?

I’m 28

Does that not mitigate at least some of those bullet points?
Sure, it might. But just because I had a good week this week doesn’t mean I didn’t suck the four weeks prior. When all five weeks are not sucky is when the trend is changing. But a few nice letters don’t dispute the issues that aren’t as easily dismissible.

if that were the extent of my work history I might agree with you. I still think they didn’t take a whole person approach. If you do then my other accomplishments would mitigate the poor work history, which is what I was led to believe. That I needed to mitigate the bad as best as I could
“Bad employee , but I’m a great guy !”
“You’re hired !”

Sure, it might. But just because I had a good week this week doesn’t mean I didn’t suck the four weeks prior. When all five weeks are not sucky is when the trend is changing. But a few nice letters don’t dispute the issues that aren’t as easily dismissible.
you don’t know what you’re talking about buddy. The bullet points happened in a span of just a few weeks. I disclosed it myself it’s nothing anyone discovered. I held a job as a bartender for a year and had a great run until the end. I could have appealed. Just didn’t want to work there anymore. Furthermore I worked at fedex for three months and yeah had a shit time about which somebody badmouthed me, but what can you do that job was awful. The only redemption I get here is that I obtained a statement from hr explicitly saying I AM eligible for rehire

you don’t know what you’re talking about buddy. The bullet points happened in a span of just a few weeks. I disclosed it myself it’s nothing anyone discovered. I held a job as a bartender for a year and had a great run until the end. I could have appealed. Just didn’t want to work there anymore. Furthermore I worked at fedex for three months and yeah had a shit time about which somebody badmouthed me, but what can you do that job was awful. The only redemption I get here is that I obtained a statement from hr explicitly saying I AM eligible for rehire
Did someone badmouth you, or did you have 7 complaints on package delivery and a video of you throwing packages, all within three months? You were fired from two jobs in two years. You didn't even appeal one, which means you just accepted fault. I worked one job before this while in college, my days were basically 9am-10pm m-f while working at least one day on the weekend.. I had one complaint in four years working with the public. As an outside observer i'd make the same decision.

I'm also curious, not that it would change my decision.. did you continue throwing packages after the suspension? Maybe you are a great person, maybe you are a great worker in reality, or maybe you have changed.. But i'm sorry, from an objective standpoint it was the right decision. Also recent history carries more weight then work history farther in the past.

Did someone badmouth you, or did you have 7 complaints on package delivery and a video of you throwing packages, all within three months? You were fired from two jobs in two years. You didn't even appeal one, which means you just accepted fault. I worked one job before this while in college, my days were basically 9am-10pm m-f while working at least one day on the weekend.. I had one complaint in four years working with the public. As an outside observer i'd make the same decision.

I'm also curious, not that it would change my decision.. did you continue throwing packages after the suspension? Maybe you are a great person, maybe you are a great worker in reality, or maybe you have changed.. But i'm sorry, from an objective standpoint it was the right decision. Also recent history carries more weight then work history farther in the past.
I don’t care that you worked with the public and got next to no complaints. So did I that means nothing

If you really want to know, no I did not continue throwing packages after the suspension. The straw that broke the camel’s back came when I was shown on video to be bent down placing a bulky box in a hurry, effectively dropping it from about three inches off the ground. As I protested on grounds of how pedantic that was, I was also informed that there had been additional complaints that were previously not made known to me. I suspect that is what brought the tally to seven, to my surprise.
You really should be thankful you didn’t get hired then. OJT would tear you completely apart if you can’t take getting talked down to. It’s best for your mental health this way.
what part of what I said makes you think I give a rat’s ass how someone talks to me. What I mean by badmouth is that somebody slandered me outside my presence

Thank god this guy should age out before his period of ineligibility expires. I can just imagine him working traffic: “Yeah I had a midair, but I made good 3 traffic calls and made a point out the same day. Plus I removed strips right before they flashed so *technically* never lost separation. Also, Bill in TMU says I’m a nice guy. Why am I having my certs pulled?? Everyone’s out to screw me over!”

I don’t care that you worked with the public and got next to no complaints. So did I that means nothing

If you really want to know, no I did not continue throwing packages after the suspension. The straw that broke the camel’s back came when I was shown on video to be bent down placing a bulky box in a hurry, effectively dropping it from about three inches off the ground. As I protested on grounds of how pedantic that was, I was also informed that there had been additional complaints that were previously not made known to me. I suspect that is what brought the tally to seven, to my surprise.

what part of what I said makes you think I give a rat’s ass how someone talks to me. What I mean by badmouth is that somebody slandered me outside my presence
Clearly it means something, since you were denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom