ZSU will start appearing on academy placement lists

asitter

Just got an email from my supervisor at the academy saying they have reached a point where ZSU can no longer be passed over and due to not enough interest on a purely OCONUS basis, they have to start including it on the placement lists. Says this starts immediately and that the next class will have up to four ZSU slots on their list. Thoughts?

Just got an email from my supervisor at the academy saying they have reached a point where ZSU can no longer be passed over and due to not enough interest on a purely OCONUS basis, they have to start including it on the placement lists. Says this starts immediately and that the next class will have up to four ZSU slots on their list. Thoughts?
Instead of doing that, FAA should put ZSU as a priority facility and let anyone transfer there under ncept where your facility category/staffing doesn't matter just like they did with A80/LAX.

Since it's a required OCONUS will they pay for moving expenses? Or is it just SOL and hope you can afford to move yourself to an island type of thing?

I started in Hawaii, all the FAA paid for was my plane ticket there (but not back), nothing for HHGs, was told I was lucky they paid my plane ticket. Basically their attitude is you're moving to start a new job, take it or leave it.

Pretty much requires separate bids to address staffing shortcomings that would have the nice incentives attached, and I think that narrows it down to just the CPC pool.

Being top of the class won’t matter when the list is 4x ZSU, 4x ZAB, and 4x ZKC

Instead of doing that, FAA should put ZSU as a priority facility and let anyone transfer there under ncept where your facility category/staffing doesn't matter just like they did with A80/LAX.
I'd probably put in for it if moving expenses were covered ??

Our e-mail specifically stated ZAN and ZSU and that “we no longer can “skip” these locations”

Ah, you’re right. My bad. They specifically pointed out that there would be a lot of ZSU coming up, so I assumed that’s was the only one.

Back
Top Bottom