ZSU will start appearing on academy placement lists

Guess you all forgot that when you applied you stated that you were willing to go anywhere the faa needed you.

Dont like the prospect of going to puerto rico? Sack up and finish first in your class, that way only you can choose where you go

Guess you all forgot that when you applied you stated that you were willing to go anywhere the faa needed you.

Dont like the prospect of going to puerto rico? Sack up and finish first in your class, that way only you can choose where you go
Depending how many people pass in your class you might get ZSU regardless.

Well

and if you score a 98 the top 4 spots are ZSU and your class only passes 4? While someone in the last class maybe scored 81 and got Seattle.

Man this whole time I've very been reading this thread thinking it was Guam... It's only Puerto Rico? That isn't so bad... Hurricane damage not withstanding.

There is always other jobs out there, and a line of people 10000 deep waiting to get into the faa

Agreed but "just work hard and be first" doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially with the new placement procedures.

One can take the job understanding we might go anywhere and still be frustrated that 3 weeks before graduation the rules are changing again. (We were told 2 selections per person when we first got here).

One can take the job understanding we might go anywhere and still be frustrated that 3 weeks before graduation the rules are changing again. (We were told 2 selections per person when we first got here).
The government does what the government wants. That's pretty much the way it will be your whole career. Rules change. This is a career dependent upon adapting.

I thought at the beginning of the hiring process it basically states I will accept placement anywhere....

I thought at the beginning of the hiring process it basically states I will accept placement anywhere....

It does not say "Gleefully accept placement anywhere."

I would like to avoid ZSU. the bigger issue that I have is that now instead of the first 8 on the list being ZAB and ZKC, the first 12 are all going to 3 facilities. I understand that the FAA has staffing needs. but some variety would make it less painful.

It does not say "Gleefully accept placement anywhere."

I would like to avoid ZSU. the bigger issue that I have is that now instead of the first 8 on the list being ZAB and ZKC, the first 12 are all going to 3 facilities. I understand that the FAA has staffing needs. but some variety would make it less painful.

That's part of the downside of enroute. There's way way less facilities. On the upside you're going to end up making more than any of the first terminal facilities. It also doesn't really make sense to send one person to each center from every class, the facilities' training program would be a fiesta

It’s almost like if you tried to send people where they want to go to start then the movement isn’t he future would be much less.

Back
Top Bottom