ZSU will start appearing on academy placement lists

Oklahoma City and you start the day after you pass the academy.
Simple.

One giant super center in the middle of an area with a super low locality rate. Poof! No more choice, and the FAA can pay everyone less. ‘Crystal palace’ time.

When I was at the academy for basics and tower, there was a guy who lived in OKC so he got no per diem or anything and did start the next day.

Glad they fixed that. Back in 2008 he didn't get it.
I know people who went through in 2007-ish that got no per diem. They went to a standalone tracon and were forced to go through tower and RTF basically on their own dime, only receiving a paycheck

this won't matter unless you're one of the next 2-4 graduating classes. The class that took eval today had 4 spots for ZSU. ZSU can only take 9-12 people before it drops out of priority.

this won't matter unless you're one of the next 2-4 graduating classes. The class that took eval today had 4 spots for ZSU. ZSU can only take 9-12 people before it drops out of priority.

Yeah, 10 total. 4, 4, and 2.

If they are only taking 10 why do they need them all placed within 3 weeks? Make last pick in the next 10-20 classes go.

I would guess so they can run classes ASAP? I don’t really know how the training programs run at the facilities, but it would make sense to start a class as soon as they can instead of waiting for people to show up over a few months

I would guess so they can run classes ASAP? I don’t really know how the training programs run at the facilities, but it would make sense to start a class as soon as they can instead of waiting for people to show up over a few months
This is definitely the case.

If they are only taking 10 why do they need them all placed within 3 weeks? Make last pick in the next 10-20 classes go.

Because it’s about numbers pretty much. If staff isn’t up to national average, they become priority on the placement list. Plus they were hoping ZSU got enough volunteers to not do this. But clearly didn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom