“Rich” & “Poor”

Cant help but notice the massive pay raises across the aviation industry lately. Pilots, flight attendants, TSA, and so on. We’ve all seen or heard of them, especially through conversations within the work place. It got me wondering what a future in ATC could look like financially, staffing wise, and health wise. Many point fingers at NATCA and so forth so it got me thinking about how much Mr. Santa makes. Curious if he was feeling any sort of inflation money burn lately. I found that in 2022 we amended the constitution to include a 1.85x multiplier of the max pay of a level 12 facility with no locality. This has him at $305,412.80 this year instead of the $260,000 originally outlined in the contract. With that kind of money I was curious if he was paying dues so I got to looking.

The my.natca.org portal has him as Richard “rich” Santa and he is paying dues.

Furthermore changing your nickname on the site to “poor” is also an option for any registered member. Just some food for thought for those looking to create a voice without a voice.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 207
Cant help but notice the massive pay raises across the aviation industry lately. Pilots, flight attendants, TSA, and so on. We’ve all seen or heard of them, especially through conversations within the work place. It got me wondering what a future in ATC could look like financially, staffing wise, and health wise. Many point fingers at NATCA and so forth so it got me thinking about how much Mr. Santa makes. Curious if he was feeling any sort of inflation money burn lately. I found that in 2022 we amended the constitution to include a 1.85x multiplier of the max pay of a level 12 facility with no locality. This has him at $305,412.80 this year instead of the $260,000 originally outlined in the contract. With that kind of money I was curious if he was paying dues so I got to looking.

The my.natca.org portal has him as Richard “rich” Santa and he is paying dues.

Furthermore changing your nickname on the site to “poor” is also an option for any registered member. Just some food for thought for those looking to create a voice without a voice.
That amendment was not done in 2022. There was no convention in 2022.

“Originally outlined in the contract”? I’m not sure what that means as our contract doesn’t set the pay of the president.

I found that in 2022 we amended the constitution to include a 1.85x multiplier of the max pay of a level 12 facility with no locality. This has him at $305,412.80 this year instead of the $260,000 originally outlined in the contract. With that kind of money I was curious if he was paying dues so I got to looking.
Can’t wait for you to cite your sources on this one.

IMO keeping NATCA executive pay tied to our pay is a good thing. If we get raises, they get raises. If our pay stagnates, their pay stagnates.

You might argue that the multiplier given to them was too high, but the goal was to never have to amend the Constitution for them again and give them a raise as their pay hadn't gone up in a while.

Retrospectively though, yeah idk it may have been too much

IMO keeping NATCA executive pay tied to our pay is a good thing. If we get raises, they get raises. If our pay stagnates, their pay stagnates.

You might argue that the multiplier given to them was too high, but the goal was to never have to amend the Constitution for them again and give them a raise as their pay hadn't gone up in a while.

Retrospectively though, yeah idk it may have been too much
It’s pointless when they can just retire and give themselves a consulting contract

That amendment was not done in 2022. There was no convention in 2022.

“Originally outlined in the contract”? I’m not sure what that means as our contract doesn’t set the pay of the president.
There was a convention in Dec 2021. The document was updated in Feb of 2022. Before it was updated the previous salary was listed as $260,000.

“Constitutions” are also just another form of a contract. Especially when referring to salary in this example. Case dismissed.

Can’t wait for you to cite your sources on this one.
Page 31 of the 2023 Updated Constitution
Section N
SRN-1 states:

National Officer Salaries (9/96, 4/00, 9/04, 3/12, 4/18, 12/21)

The NATCA National President shall be compensated with an annual base salary of 1.85 times the amount of the FAA ATSPP Pay Band maximum for an ATC Level 12 Facility with no locality pay; the National Executive Vice President shall be compensated with an annual base salary of $5,000 less than the National President’s salary.

A copy of the document can be found here:

Sign In with Auth0

Furthermore the 2023 ATSPP Pay with No Locality can be found here:

https://www.faa.gov/jobs/working_here/benefits/pay/atspp_pay_tables.xlsx

Last edited:
So for the record, in 2018 Paul and Trish's salary was voted to be raised to $260k and $240k respectively. Had their salaries then kept up with the presidential raises (2019 to now 11.3%) and NATCA raises (6 of them for 9.6%) the president of NATCA could be making $314,340.

The vice president got a much nicer raise than the president with this change.

Rich Santa be all:

10827424_grande.png

Back
Top Bottom