Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Rich Santa

Votes: 105 27.1%
  • Did not vote

Votes: 58 14.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yea Right GIF

Here's the thing. There is NO way this turns out bad. We will see what the members value, and what they dont.

Rich said he heard members and wants to re open negotiations. That'd be easiest to track...did he do it. If no then what? So you leave the union etc. When trump wins I don't think we should negotiate, but he didn't say that. He said he heard membership and he will. If he doesn't I'm out.

If the two candidates that work traffic make it, we can expect (or hope) for some withdrawal from the numerous article 114 good ol club, and hopefully bolster staffing that way. (I'd be willing to give up atc pay for gs on details in exchange for tiered overtime) when you quote this make sure to remember it's just an example of how negotiations will go give and take. They'll be negotiating with controllers, not politicians.

I dont think we should have a non ojti as the national training rep? But if that group wins I'm just an out of touch boomer that didn't know region x was a thing more than planet x.

Basically the sancitiy of the union is at stake. Do we keep the current favorites and good ol boys club from the Trish and Paul era with a fi ger wag that says people are mad? Do we have enough involved members to say this is not a social club and political organization, this is spread well beyond a union, or do the rising stars from the southeast leap out of the shadows to try and implement their ideas? I have no idea

Last edited:
Here's the thing. There is NO way this turns out bad. We will see what the members value, and what they dont.

Rich said he heard members and wants to re open negotiations. That'd be east to track...did he do it. If no then what? So you leave the union etc. When trump wins I don't think we should negotiate, but he didn't say that. He said he heard membership and he will. If he doesn't I'm out.

If the two candidates that work traffic make it, we can expect (or hope) for some withdrawal from the numerous article 114 good ol club, and hopefully bolster staffing that way. (I'd be willing to give up atc pay for gs on details in exchange for tiered overtime) when you quote this make sure to remember it's just an example of how negotiations will go give and take. They'll be negotiating with controllers, not politicians.

I dont think we should have a non ojti as the national training rep? But if that group wins I'm just an out of touch boomer that didn't know region x was a thing more than planet x.

Basically the sancitiy of the union is at stake. Do we keep the current favorites and good ol boys club from the Trish and Paul era with a fi ger wag that says people are mad? Do we have enough involved members to say this is not a social club and political organization, this is spread well beyond a union, or do the rising stars from the southeast leap out of the shadows to try and implement their ideas? I have no idea
If Trump wins, and we negotiate under his EOs, the Union will be a skeleton of itself. Our work-lives will be at the whim of what ever idiot is in charge at the FAA.

If Trump wins, and we negotiate under his EOs, the Union will be a skeleton of itself. Our work-lives will be at the whim of what ever idiot is in charge at the FAA.
I actually agree. I think it was a bad move to have leaked audio about not negotiating versus saying they will try and destroy us. There are of course trolls (heh me) who rant or whatever about it BUT trump already tried to destroy unions with his eos, imagine going to negotiate thinking that's a good shot. BUT this presents a conundrum clearly we missed an opportunity with the most friendly labor administration ever...or did we.

Rich stated he will open and now if he doesn't his time is up. I'm assuming he wins via incumbent advantage but next cycle that's gonna be all they need to play.

We’re under “the most union friendly administration in history” and Biden’s FAA Administrator is already trying to fuck us with imperial decrees. The idea that things will be exponentially worse under Trump is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom