• Nick Daniels

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Rich Santa

Votes: 106 27.2%
  • Did not vote

Votes: 58 14.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
You won’t be giving up dress code for a raise. Everything is about money, the total costs of the labor agreement

Giving you a guarantee to bid your leave in advance is a huge cost to the agency

All the provisions of how the agency can assign your shifts and/or change your shifts. Huge cost to the agency

So many people take for granted how things just “normally work”.

Mgmt can make your work life miserable and you’ll still show up because you need a paycheck.
It's wild to me how many people forget what it's like to work a normal shitty job. Split RDOs to make the fatigue decree work. Only guaranteeing prime time and no other leave (this was actually a thing during red book for your stupider ATMs). Forced comp time in lieu of OT. Things can always get worse.
People also forget that sometimes arbitration gives you a midpoint compromise on some split the baby shit.
Negotiating should happen but this idea that the workforce has nothing to lose but the dress code is wild.

You won’t be giving up dress code for a raise. Everything is about money, the total costs of the labor agreement

Giving you a guarantee to bid your leave in advance is a huge cost to the agency

All the provisions of how the agency can assign your shifts and/or change your shifts. Huge cost to the agency

So many people take for granted how things just “normally work”.

Mgmt can make your work life miserable and you’ll still show up because you need a paycheck.
I think they are on a knife edge and they know it, so while you are right, it is foolish of them to make the already terrible working conditions worse.. I’ve been on 6 day work weeks for years. I have a crazy ATM who makes life terrible. It is pretty easy to push me and many more of us out the door who have other jobs in the works if they make this worse… Think staffing is bad now? Implement insanely stupid new rules and say goodbye to even more of the workforce.. I’ll stick around to see this result. If it’s bad I’m out, and I’m not the only one I know who is doing the exact same thing.

I think they are on a knife edge and they know it, so while you are right, it is foolish of them to make the already terrible working conditions worse.. I’ve been on 6 day work weeks for years. I have a crazy ATM who makes life terrible. It is pretty easy to push me and many more of us out the door who have other jobs in the works if they make this worse… Think staffing is bad now? Implement insanely stupid new rules and say goodbye to even more of the workforce.. I’ll stick around to see this result. If it’s bad I’m out, and I’m not the only one I know who is doing the exact same thing.
I've been saying the same exact thing. Already have a handful of coworkers who have mentioned they would quit if our working conditions got any worse, not sure if I'd stay around either. Not worth it to only have 1 day off a week for years on end at a level 7.

Back
Top Bottom