2024 Pay Calendar and Pay Tables

Normally I don’t read those but I had to after seeing that comment. The funniest part is not them praising Isis, it’s that the winning scholarship essay talks about unions reducing income equality and look at our incomes now compared to pilots, UAW, Fed Ex and UPS, etc….. (so actually I guess unions generally do reduce income inequality, all except ours).
I mean. I guess ISIS isn’t all that bad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll let it go after this but presuming that girl is a junior or senior in college like the scholarship winners usually are it means she is 21-22 and was born just months or at most a year after 9/11. I know Isis means different things in different cultures but picking that name was still a gutsy move lol.

I’ll let it go after this but presuming that girl is a junior or senior in college like the scholarship winners usually are it means she is 21-22 and was born just months or at most a year after 9/11. I know Isis means different things in different cultures but picking that name was still a gutsy move lol.
ISIS wasn't a thing yet or am I wrong?

Level 10 Tracon here and with OT we have multiple senior controllers who make over $200k. It's crap that they have to work as much OT to do it imo. Pay needs to increase for sure.
But hurr durr why would someone at a lower level than me make more

What about all the years I worked at a ten without a raise

It was bad for me so it should be bad for everyone.

We are now at the point where large gas stations are paying as much (total compensation-401k, health, dental) as our low level towers.

The pay will probably be changed in 10 years when the quality of controller is so poor. Right now we aren't attracting the best and brightest, we are attracting 4 years of continuous work experience (part time in summers during high school)

We need to get people that want to help into the positions to do it.

This level 5 tower to national tmc rep, or 12z sup- because you were the only one that applied and could release is nuts.

I hope the union fights for some sort of streamlining to higher level facilities. NOT ONE person deserves to be stuck more than 5 years as a cpc.

Also this abacus traffic count stuff and workforce staffing numbers/crwg is really going to hurt staffing...I'd like to think we can restructure facility levels or something for more pay but I don't think that's the long plan.

We are now at the point where large gas stations are paying as much (total compensation-401k, health, dental) as our low level towers.

The pay will probably be changed in 10 years when the quality of controller is so poor. Right now we aren't attracting the best and brightest, we are attracting 4 years of continuous work experience (part time in summers during high school)

This level 5 tower to national tmc rep, or 12z sup- because you were the only one that applied and could release is nuts.

I hope the union fights for some sort of streamlining to higher level facilities. NOT ONE person deserves to be stuck more than 5 years as a cpc.

Also this abacus traffic count stuff and workforce staffing numbers/crwg is really going to hurt staffing...I'd like to think we can restructure facility levels or something for more pay but I don't think that's the long plan.
I agree, 11 years in and at a Level 10 Tracon, 3rd facility and I feel like my base should be $50k over what it is. When fast food places are advertising $100k manager positions, the fact that I worked 232 hours of OT last year and I made $156k is BS especially with the medical requirements and the responsibility that we have.

I agree, 11 years in and at a Level 10 Tracon, 3rd facility and I feel like my base should be $50k over what it is. When fast food places are advertising $100k manager positions, the fact that I worked 232 hours of OT last year and I made $156k is BS especially with the medical requirements and the responsibility that we have.
Exactly we need to convince the public of this

Do you advocate we just don’t do ABACUS or CRWG though?

I would. I think ABACUS could be fake. How many years has it been in development and Santa won’t give any timeline as to when it’s complete? Plus I think it will result in more downgrades vs upgrades. It’s not going to find secret traffic being missed, it’s going to snuff out the final scams of people counting fake traffic in the current system.

Plus the new staffing numbers won’t improve hiring or placement. So it will just make our staffing % lower everywhere, it won’t increase net bodies.

I would. I think ABACUS could be fake. How many years has it been in development and Santa won’t give any timeline as to when it’s complete? Plus I think it will result in more downgrades vs upgrades. It’s not going to find secret traffic being missed, it’s going to snuff out the final scams of people counting fake traffic in the current system.

Plus the new staffing numbers won’t improve hiring or placement. So it will just make our staffing % lower everywhere, it won’t increase net bodies.
It finds all kinds of traffic that’s missed

I agree on the second piece. It’s not going to increase staffing, but it will highlight the true situation that exists versus finance highlighting how well staffed we are.

ABACUS is absolutely necessary. Terminal facilities go up/down based on the actual demand they’re working. There are facilities that need and upgrade. There is no reason for ZJX to be working the traffic they do and being paid less than Indy and the same as Kansas City. Same for Houston and Miami and Denver. If Cleveland and Indy get downgraded, then it’s what should happen.

Very few changes are significant in the whole thing. While it benefits a few facilities it's almost a wash. BUT I think it's a long term better plan.

Crwg who knows (post here CRWG )

Cool you're now further away from the staffing target.

My concern is this- if someone said how can we prevent transfers while adding more people....this combo would literally be my answer. Hey you got 6 new people, but your number went up 10 so you're still stuck.

If I see something about pay pop up for more airplanes or saying we need more ot differentials because we're worse off than we thought staffing wise....OK it's all worth it.

BUT I haven't heard a peep about that and there hasn't been any long term comms with members about what the point of it is.

Back
Top Bottom