Abolish NCEPT

Don't forget the OTS N90 guys who was and get offered RSW because "they passed TETRA" and that's what the nest guidance says. Or better yet, the guy back in the day who failed TETRA and was rewarded by going to PBI. I wonder how they turned out.

1. Back in the day... isn't TETRA like 4 years old lol?
2. As the previous poster basically said, if the guy passes every course including TSEW which is used for level 12 tracons but fails TETRA... why should that be held against them.

I didn’t say the tech school alone makes priors deserve level 8+ facilities so maybe I misspoke there. I do however think that the Air Force had a higher attrition rate for the fact of comparison between it and the FAA Academy for OTS. Where I think priors deserve those facilities is exactly where you stand on the matter. Some academy grad off the street with a fundies class and a pass/fail tower sim shouldn’t be getting better facilities out the gate than someone who has tower and radar labs for a better foundation and has experience/certification separating real aircraft. And the only reason I say tower only on the FAA side is because everyone I’ve ever talked to that was OTS through the academy said they did tower only and then returned for RTF when it was time.
All terminal AGs go to 4-7s

The guy that went to PBI, if memory serves, was in one of the first TETRA classes. At some point through the N90 process you have to pass career jeopardy. If you pass basics/tower/ and come back for RTF/TSEW or TETRA as any other hire and “fail” at the MMAC your job is not in jeopardy. Objectively we cannot expect someone to not pass a portion of the N90 process after RTF and be fired when others are not. Yes it absolutely sucks for the rest of those looking for country club facilities or highly desired locations but we have standards to ensure a “fair” process, even if it isn’t liked.
1. Back in the day... isn't TETRA like 4 years old lol?
2. As the previous poster basically said, if the guy passes every course including TSEW which is used for level 12 tracons but fails TETRA... why should that be held against them.

The dude who failed TETRA passed his RTF class which was the job jeopardy class. Totally fine to retain him. What's not fine is sending him to a very desirable 9 while every other AG gets sent to level 7s and below, most of which are not desirable. Yes the agency put them through TSEW, but it was pass/pass. Why should they be rewarded for failing while all their classmates are punished by being sent to N90?

And this was at that the very start of the TETRA program which is kind of back in the day.

The guy that went to PBI, if memory serves, was in one of the first TETRA classes. At some point through the N90 process you have to pass career jeopardy. If you pass basics/tower/ and come back for RTF/TSEW or TETRA as any other hire and “fail” at the MMAC your job is not in jeopardy. Objectively we cannot expect someone to not pass a portion of the N90 process after RTF and be fired when others are not. Yes it absolutely sucks for the rest of those looking for country club facilities or highly desired locations but we have standards to ensure a “fair” process, even if it isn’t liked.
I actually just talked with instructors about the OTS N90 pipeline (currently down here for RTF) and apparently they do not leave and return for RTF/TSEW/TETRA. The program is for people who live within 50NM of N90 they go to the academy for an different/extended fundies course and the normal tower lab is pass/pass, as is RTF and TSEW. TETRA is their only pass fail, the big difference is they go through all four classes back to back. They actually just had a batch of four young people make it through. That’s a long and tough road just to sit in purgatory for ~4 years lol.

All terminal AGs go to 4-7s
Absolutely not true, read above for the guy who was offered RSW and eventually went to PBI for failing TETRA.

What are these supposed better facilities that ots get that prior exp hires aren’t getting? You should be more upset at the fact washouts with only d sides or no positions at all are getting these better facilities.
Well yeah that sucks too about D side washes. But it’s pretty widely known about the AG at RSW that failed TETRA and was offered PBI.

That’s the N90 specific bid. N90 has its own policy
Well yeah, N90 even has its own hiring bid and pipeline for people who live within 50 NM of N90. Which I get because they need people, the point is why should they get country club facilities as a reward for failing TETRA when everyone else would be sent home packing?

I actually just talked with instructors about the OTS N90 pipeline (currently down here for RTF) and apparently they do not leave and return for RTF/TSEW/TETRA. The program is for people who live within 50NM of N90 they go to the academy for an different/extended fundies course and the normal tower lab is pass/pass, as is RTF and TSEW. TETRA is their only pass fail, the big difference is they go through all four classes back to back. They actually just had a batch of four young people make it through. That’s a long and tough road just to sit in purgatory for ~4 years lol.
There's no way the N90 kids are going to any tower class. Also someone from Houston just got put on the N90 track so your information is off.

The dude who failed TETRA passed his RTF class which was the job jeopardy class. Totally fine to retain him. What's not fine is sending him to a very desirable 9 while every other AG gets sent to level 7s and below, most of which are not desirable. Yes the agency put them through TSEW, but it was pass/pass. Why should they be rewarded for failing while all their classmates are punished by being sent to N90?

And this was at that the very start of the TETRA program which is kind of back in the day.
It’s policy brother, I don’t like it or agree with it but they have to give something.

Back
Top Bottom