Academy Per-Diem and Paycheck

every other tuesday. May 8th is the next pay day.

(*edit* not sure why, but the previous posts didn't show up till I posted. so what they said)

I'm heading to the academy next week from Hawaii, where we have no mainland banks. Would you recommend I open a Skyone account?
SkyOne Federal Credit Union is great. They're NATCA's preferred bank and have a lot of benefits for controllers. I'll PM you Dina's contact info. She can help you with anything or answer any questions you might have.

SkyOne Federal Credit Union is great. They're NATCA's preferred bank and have a lot of benefits for controllers. I'll PM you Dina's contact info. She can help you with anything or answer any questions you might have.

they will also come into your basics class on day 1 to explain some of what they offer.

so i have heard a couple of differing stories... I was at the academy during furlough. I am a BUE. I know we wont get reimbursed on the per diem, however, a fellow classmate of mine mentioned that travel office said we would have to pay the per diem back that should have been used for expenses if the govt had never shut down... any truth here?

Anyone know what a current government employee transfering to the faa will be looking at for a salary while at the academy?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Academy pay is split into two categories, Previous Experience which is paid at AG rate which requires ATC experience of 52 weeks as a credentialed controller (I believe just a CTO, radar tickets dont apply) and then Non-Experienced which is paid the academy rates. It'll say on your FOL should you receive one which you are, it's not a normal save pay across agencies.

Down at the academy for TSEW class... it’s considered long term per diem rate which is $57/day (+/- a few maybe) for housing. Currently only paying $39/day at Kim’s. My facility is saying I can’t keep the difference and pocket it. Went to the per diem travel people at the academy and they said I absolutely get to keep that. Everybody else in my TSEW class gets to keep it as well. Any insight on how to handle this with my facility?

Down at the academy for TSEW class... it’s considered long term per diem rate which is $57/day (+/- a few maybe) for housing. Currently only paying $39/day at Kim’s. My facility is saying I can’t keep the difference and pocket it. Went to the per diem travel people at the academy and they said I absolutely get to keep that. Everybody else in my TSEW class gets to keep it as well. Any insight on how to handle this with my facility?

Process the vouchers yourself. Your facility is wrong and doesn't get a say.

Anything more than 15 class days gets the long term per diem rate.
Our secretary was like that too and cost a lot of us money. Like it’s coming out of their check. ?? To those people.

Anything more than 15 class days gets the long term per diem rate.
Our secretary was like that too and cost a lot of us money. Like it’s coming out of their check. ?? To those people.

Exactly. I don’t get how majority of all facilities get to keep the difference but a handful of facilities fight it and say we can’t keep the difference. Couple of us who’ve had TSEW have brought forth the paperwork and wording on long term per diem but they interpret the wording that we don’t get to keep the difference... flat out highway robbery

Back
Top Bottom