Actual pros/cons of moving to management

there might be something about closing cost assistance on the purchase of a home or provided to the buyer of your old home but I can't remember.

Up to 10% of a 500k house but I don’t know if it’s the house you’re selling or the one you’re buying

What is sup life like at those 8 and belows? I know schedule depends on sup seniority, but I imagine life is pretty chill.

What is sup life like at those 8 and belows? I know schedule depends on sup seniority, but I imagine life is pretty chill.
I'm sure it's pretty chill if you're an indecent human who fits in/conforms with the other people on the management team. I wouldn't recommend it if you consider yourself a decent human.

Then again, I'm just one controller at one facility offering my observations. YMMV.

The lower you go in facility level, the more duties you take on. You will split all the duties like scheduling, QA, workgroups, tours, evals, training classes, and other tedious things usually reserved for support staff or the OM with only a couple of other supes or just you at really low levels. Most of the time its chill and you will figure out how to manage the additional tasks. This is great for gaining experience to use as you progress to higher levels of management, but sucks when you have to manage the rotation at the same time.

Nothing worse than staying 4 hours outside of your shift after an accident to do all the post event stuff. Or running a covid close contact checklist while working local during the night push, then unfucking wmt because a mid-shifter is always one of the contacts and 3 of the dayshifters are also scammers.

But you do get to work traffic, so its all good i guess.

Does anyone know the document that describes the process and procedures for a sup that quits and goes back to controlling?

Just planning ahead to what I assume is going to be the only way to get where I wanna go.

Does anyone know the document that describes the process and procedures for a sup that quits and goes back to controlling?

Just planning ahead to what I assume is going to be the only way to get where I wanna go.
Pretty sure you enter the nest program if your old facility doesn’t have a spot for you. So it’s risky.

Word on the street of upcoming is your seniority will freeze if you go sup and start where you left off if you go back to cpc.

Back
Top Bottom