Air National Guard Tech School vs. FAA Academy Difficulty

Im not entirely sure. I just know one of the girls I worked with told me her Advanced ATC tower was not a "FAA recognized one" and couldn't be used for 52 weeks since it didn't technically grant a CTO. Then while I was a ATM I found another who was working at some like City owned tower that didn't classify as a CTO and we couldn't hire her because of that....... Not 1000% sure of the sematics of it, just know that it WAS a thing. May not be anymore.
Yeah I’m very curious, shoot me a PM if you have more details.

Basically hiring is a lottery, then placement is a separate lottery, then movement/advancement is a third lottery. I wouldn't do it again if I wasn't going to fall where I fall in seniority or under current hiring practices.

Go DOD brother, HST has an opening. Text me.
Hold up did you go? ?

The FAA doesn’t consider radar as prior experience? That doesn’t sound quite right. Are you just doing PARs or something?
it’s in the requirements of the prior exp announcement to have a tower certification.
Im not entirely sure. I just know one of the girls I worked with told me her Advanced ATC tower was not a "FAA recognized one" and couldn't be used for 52 weeks since it didn't technically grant a CTO. Then while I was a ATM I found another who was working at some like City owned tower that didn't classify as a CTO and we couldn't hire her because of that....... Not 1000% sure of the sematics of it, just know that it WAS a thing. May not be anymore.
that’s because as a student they complete the course inside of 52 weeks and they have to stay there as an instructor to get the remaining amount of time needed. Last I heard the pay was pretty low but worth it after spending all the money on the school.

it’s in the requirements of the prior exp announcement to have a tower certification.
No it's not, and it never has been

• 52 WEEKS OF CONSECUTIVE, ATC POST CERTIFICATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

Nah farther south.
Oh I thought you left key west

No it's not, and it never has been

that’s not true that it never has been, but you’re right I didn’t notice the new announcements say what you posted.

I guess back in the day they use to be CTO announcements
B6DF7906-1EAA-4D50-91B8-451DA24A4822.jpeg

that’s not true that it never has been, but you’re right I didn’t notice the new announcements say what you posted.

I guess back in the day they use to be CTO announcements View attachment 8060
MJ was referencing the Prior Experience Bids that started in 2015 (that would take Radar/Tower), but yes prior to that there were CTO announcements . I still have the same email as you.

That's not exactly true, at least in the Air Force. I had a guy fail in my class then separated under failure to adapt. Didn't get a discharge or anything, it was pretty much like he wasn't in the military.
Failure to adapt means he refused to change his shit attitude to conform to the military. Surprised they separated him considering the military conforms to the individual now.

I'm also basing my opinion on this being a recent event and not from the 80s or 90s.

Failure to adapt means he refused to change his shit attitude to conform to the military. Surprised they separated him considering the military conforms to the individual now.

I'm also basing my opinion on this being a recent event and not from the 80s or 90s.
I went through tech school in 2015 lol, also this was an option given to him so that nothing negative would show up outside the military.

I went through tech school in 2015 lol, also this was an option given to him so that nothing negative would show up outside the military.
Unless you were on the review board that separated him or you are him you’re just hearing the story he wants to tell. I’d it true? Probably partly? Who knows. But failure to adapt is more than just failing your tech school.

Unless you were on the review board that separated him or you are him you’re just hearing the story he wants to tell. I’d it true? Probably partly? Who knows. But failure to adapt is more than just failing your tech school.
Obviously it's more than failing tech school, but the alternative was just getting re classed and from what I could tell he wasn't interested in that. Talking with leadership after the event they said it's not that hard to get a failure to adapt.

Back
Top Bottom