All the fun stuff happens in Vegas

I don't get people second guessing the HND guys response. Who gives a crap?
The keywords in the whole thing: "I don't know what happened, but from what you say".
Which is the equivalent of "maybe you're a lying sack of shit, but if you told me the truth just now, sorry that happened"
That's a win-win response that I've used before. If the pilot is being honest, maybe ATC regains some goodwill with this faux apology. If he was lying, it's on the tapes: "from what you say".

I don't get people second guessing the HND guys response. Who gives a crap?
The keywords in the whole thing: "I don't know what happened, but from what you say".
Which is the equivalent of "maybe you're a lying sack of shit, but if you told me the truth just now, sorry that happened"
That's a win-win response that I've used before. If the pilot is being honest, maybe ATC regains some goodwill with this faux apology. If he was lying, it's on the tapes: "from what you say".
Also, he could think the big tracon controllers are assholes. Which isn’t uncommon for small tower controllers when thinking about their big tracon overlords.

To be by the book, once you check in and establish communication with ATC aren't you allowed into the Class B airspace unless ATC specifically tells you to remain outside in the first transmission or is that just for Class C and D? Unless there are some transmissions missing from the clip she didn't tell him to remain outside when he first checked in.
Better hit the books

Before we all rush to judgment I would like to see what was said on the initial contact and all the transmissions the 15 minutes or so before the tape rolled. Maybe her previous communication was ambiguous, the pilot didn’t seem to know he was in violation until much later.

Last edited:
Before we all rush to judgment I would like to see what was said on the initial contact and all the transmissions the 15 minutes or so before the tape rolled. Maybe her previous communication was ambiguous, the pilot didn’t seem to know he was in violation until much later.

Before the pilot busted the B airspace, she was giving a briefing to split off the position. She said that it looks like he's about to violate the airspace in the briefing.
Pilot said he thought he was cleared in initially (no way to verify if he actually thought that, but it's probably true.)

My guess is he made the same mistake BNFaz made and thought establishing communication was good enough. When she said she never cleared him through the Bravo he responded “I’ve been talking to you the whole time. That’s the whole point in talking to you.” I’ve had more than one pilot make that mistake.

Could’ve been handled better by both parties, but certainly not worth doxing the guy over. Unreal.

The pilot has absolutely no excuse. FARs are 100% clear, and every CFI I’ve ever talked about airspace with was also 100% clear. In order to enter Class B Airspace you MUST hear “(Callsign) cleared to enter Class B”. Two-Way radio communication doesn’t grant Class B Clearance like it does for C and D airspace. Based on the sectional chart it would have taken minimal effort by the pilot to steer clear of it by descending 1000’ To 4500’ and then making a slight turn to the south to avoid the inner part of the B that goes all the way down to the surface. After making a mistake and busting airspace an attitude of compliance would have been very helpful, and probably would’ve reduced the suspension of his license which is bound to follow.
I am a CFI and it's a basic part of our National Airspace training for student pilots to inform them of the explicit requirement of a clearance into a Class B airspace. The ACS is pretty clear that Class B operations are a requirement of understanding for any private pilot or greater. So you're absolutely right.

Could’ve been handled better by both parties, but certainly not worth doxing the guy over. Unreal.

Are people actually doxxing him though?
They revealed his identity, but are there actual threats made on his life?
If so that's shitty.

Are people actually doxxing him though?
They revealed his identity, but are there actual threats made on his life?
If so that's shitty.

Simply researching the guy and posting what you find on Reddit (in this case) is doxing. I’m not on Reddit so I didn’t see what was posted, but why even go there? What does it matter what the name of his company is? The guy acted like a jerk and apparently doesn’t know airspace rules, are we going to try and bankrupt him or something, lol?

Back
Top Bottom