Any Contract Controllers here?

FigureEights

What's going on everyone?

I am separating from the military in December and was seeing if anyone here knew of any openings coming up in the next few months at their facility? Preferably with RVA, but also interested in Serco/Midwest slots.

Thanks in advance!

What's going on everyone?

I am separating from the military in December and was seeing if anyone here knew of any openings coming up in the next few months at their facility? Preferably with RVA, but also interested in Serco/Midwest slots.

Thanks in advance!

Can't speak for RVA and Midwest, but I know Serco has openings all the time, like literally all the time. Especially in Alaska. In your position, knowing what I know now I would be looking to get into a RVA facility that is NATCA. You get paid more, can can choose to keep the health and welfare allowance as extra pay, you begin building NATCA seniority time if you are planning on going FAA later, you raises are a hell of alot better then other some other FCTs and the manager is required to make the schedule 6 months out so you can actually make plans in your life without getting screwed.

I worked for Serco and I'm with RVA right now. Night and day difference. Serco underpays PERIOD. I make over $3 more an hr working in south Texas with RVA than Denver in Serco. My advice... apply to every tower on the rva website. As kazansky said... you keep the benefits money and gain natca seniority. Not only that, you can actually take vacation before your year is up.

Thanks for the info guys. I have already applied to every single airport on the RVA website, and I will definitely keep this all in mind. Gibbs, you guys have any slots opening up anytime soon? I am really hoping to stay in the southeast.

Thanks for the info guys. I have already applied to every single airport on the RVA website, and I will definitely keep this all in mind. Gibbs, you guys have any slots opening up anytime soon? I am really hoping to stay in the southeast.

VCT has one for sure. I'm at BRO and our manager just got approved for transfer. If one of us there puts in for atm, then there will be a controller opening within the next few weeks. Apply to the same place more than once. I believe they go offf the most current date you applied.

Cool I will call the ATM at VCT and TKI in the morning then. I’ll make sure to reapply to BRO too cause I’m very interested in working there

Cool I will call the ATM at VCT and TKI in the morning then. I’ll make sure to reapply to BRO too cause I’m very interested in working there
I've done approach for BRO and worked with controllers from BRO, seems like a good place. Only thing that may be different to you is having to call Mexico for flight plans and releases. Other than that, it's just the standard regional jets in/out, parachute jump plane in and out from dropping over Padre Island, frequent Navy King Air practice approaches and pattern work, and customs/border aircraft with deportees back south.

Back
Top Bottom