Any Ideas When Next Prior Experience Bid Will Hit The Streets?

So people kinda default to saying one year but bids are generally about 10 months apart. Obviously COVID made everything a little random but the last two were early January 2022 and late Feb early March 2021

How long do you have to have quit before you could apply to a previous experience bid? Could you in theory quit Sept. 15 and then apply to this bid on the 16th? Was there any specific wording in the last Previous Experience bid that wouldn’t allow such a thing?

How long do you have to have quit before you could apply to a previous experience bid? Could you in theory quit Sept. 15 and then apply to this bid on the 16th? Was there any specific wording in the last Previous Experience bid that wouldn’t allow such a thing?
You can get referred but you will not be selected, they have started applying the 365 day separation from the agency rule to prior experience bids. Yes I tried it earlier this year and this is what I was told, after 365 days you can reapply and be selected.

You can get referred but you will not be selected, they have started applying the 365 day separation from the agency rule to prior experience bids. Yes I tried it earlier this year and this is what I was told, after 365 days you can reapply and be selected.
Had this happen to me also. You won't find this rule in the bid language, but the FAA will make you wait anyways.

Is there still an age cap of 35 for prior experience bids? Does that 35 cap also apply to reinstatements?
If you were hired into the 2152 series prior to 35, you are golden. If you are getting out, are past 35/36, AND retired from the military you need to look out for a Retired Military Controller (RMC) bid. Usually RMC bids (don’t quote) seem to open every other year, if you google RMC Bid you will be able to find a previously closed announcement denoting the requirements.

Edit* Here is one Hiring Bid - ANE-ATO-21-RMC-73837 (Retired Military Controllers)

Last edited:
If you were hired into the 2152 series prior to 35, you are golden. If you are getting out, are past 35/36, AND retired from the military you need to look out for a Retired Military Controller (RMC) bid. Usually RMC bids (don’t quote) seem to open every other year, if you google RMC Bid you will be able to find a previously closed announcement denoting the requirements.

Edit* Here is one Hiring Bid - ANE-ATO-21-RMC-73837 (Retired Military Controllers)
Thank you! I guess what confuses me is the original appointment age vs “you can’t be over 35 to apply”… so for example, I’m not former military, but was hired into the FAA at 31 as a 2152. I’m now currently 38. If I leave the FAA, can I apply after a year to a prior experience bid since I was originally hired prior to 35? Or, does the “you can’t be over 35 to apply” apply?

Thank you! I guess what confuses me is the original appointment age vs “you can’t be over 35 to apply”… so for example, I’m not former military, but was hired into the FAA at 31 as a 2152. I’m now currently 38. If I leave the FAA, can I apply after a year to a prior experience bid since I was originally hired prior to 35? Or, does the “you can’t be over 35 to apply” apply?
You need to have and provide a copy of your initial hire SF-50 into the 2152 series when you reapply because it is used to verify the age . Make sure it is uploaded and attached when you apply because HR will not allow you to provide it after the fact.

You need to have and provide a copy of your initial hire SF-50 into the 2152 series when you reapply because it is used to verify the age . Make sure it is uploaded and attached when you apply because HR will not allow you to provide it after the fact.
That’s not a problem, I can definitely provide that… but I’m still confused about the two bullet points in the attached screenshot from a Prior Exp Bid. The first bullet point states that the maximum original appointment age is 35 (which, I was), but then the second bullet point states that you must be age 35 or below by the bid closing date (which, I’m not). So, which is it? You can be over 35 to apply, or you can’t? That’s where my confusion is…

Attachments

• F5B6B0B4-0954-4318-9433-F87E078781D2.jpeg
    F5B6B0B4-0954-4318-9433-F87E078781D2.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 10
Has anyone ever heard of someone getting the previous experience within 5 yr requirement waived? I know a mother that was hired in her 20s but wants to get back in after having her children.

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting the previous experience within 5 yr requirement waived? I know a mother that was hired in her 20s but wants to get back in after having her children.
She would be eligible for the all sources bid.

Back
Top Bottom