Any Ideas When Next Prior Experience Bid Will Hit The Streets?

You can get referred but you will not be selected, they have started applying the 365 day separation from the agency rule to prior experience bids. Yes I tried it earlier this year and this is what I was told, after 365 days you can reapply and be selected.
Weird, because I have a friend who quit in November of 2021, applied on the previous experience bid this January and got picked up. He got his FOL in June and is at JAX center now.

Weird, because I have a friend who quit in November of 2021, applied on the previous experience bid this January and got picked up. He got his FOL in June and is at JAX center now.
Ymmv, but I can tell you what has happened to me and a few others. With any bid people are likely to slip through but for me I challenged it and rode it up the chain with that coming back as the answer.

Would that be an automatic trip back to the academy for 3mth on that bid? She will have just missed the 5 yr rule by a year or 2, she was a CPC for years and was a OJTI, doubt she’d need the academy again to return to a level 5 tower. Thanks for the info on this.
Honestly man this is entering the realm of guesswork and she would be better off calling HR. I have theories but they are just that, theories.

The issue I see here is, we’re starting to think with logic and reason. It’s like assuming person one ranks facility a as their number one and getting assigned facility b while person two ranks facility b as their number one and getting assigned facility a. Should they be able to swap prior to start date? Well, they shouldn’t have to but they should be allowed to. Facility retention rates as well as morale would be much higher. The likelihood of both controllers getting certified and immediately requesting transfer would drop significantly. But hey, you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.

I propose a pre-employment portal. Each candidate is categorized similarly to how experience is broken down and determines facility list.

Cat A: low level tower only (tower only experience less than the average experience points in the bid)

Cat B: 4-7 tower/up down (Up/down experience less than or equal to the average in the respective bid)

Cat C: 4-9 no restriction (up/down experience greater than the average in the respective bid)

Once placements are sent out, you can log into the portal and you have 7 days to put up exchange requests amongst all controllers within your category and submit a finalized exchange request. I see it leading to fewer people rejecting their final placement offer, longer voluntary stays at first facility, and a general uptick in morale amongst new controllers.

The issue I see here is, we’re starting to think with logic and reason. It’s like assuming person one ranks facility a as their number one and getting assigned facility b while person two ranks facility b as their number one and getting assigned facility a. Should they be able to swap prior to start date? Well, they shouldn’t have to but they should be allowed to. Facility retention rates as well as morale would be much higher. The likelihood of both controllers getting certified and immediately requesting transfer would drop significantly. But hey, you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.

I propose a pre-employment portal. Each candidate is categorized similarly to how experience is broken down and determines facility list.

Cat A: low level tower only (tower only experience less than the average experience points in the bid)

Cat B: 4-7 tower/up down (Up/down experience less than or equal to the average in the respective bid)

Cat C: 4-9 no restriction (up/down experience greater than the average in the respective bid)

Once placements are sent out, you can log into the portal and you have 7 days to put up exchange requests amongst all controllers within your category and submit a finalized exchange request. I see it leading to fewer people rejecting their final placement offer, longer voluntary stays at first facility, and a general uptick in morale amongst new controllers.
7F05E5B1-C167-479C-9B27-0DB2129C39E4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom