ATSA Compilation

I got my status updated to Not Referred, though it says my AT-SA placed me in the Well Qualified category. Just confirming, does this mean I passed the test, but got denied for other reasons?
I believe some people are told that they were not referred because they were not selected by the particular algorithm used by FAA. If you go onto the June hiring thread, there seems to be a number of people who are from the Pool 2 - Best Qualified that too did not get referred, so I believe no one knows how said algorithm works in selecting candidates.

I believe some people are told that they were not referred because they were not selected by the particular algorithm used by FAA. If you go onto the June hiring thread, there seems to be a number of people who are from the Pool 2 - Best Qualified that too did not get referred, so I believe no one knows how said algorithm works in selecting candidates.

The algorithm is definitely interesting. Especially when you got some WQ that got referred and some BQ that did not. Meanwhile I’m P1Q and got referred. I always thought the 10% rule meant they had to hire within 10% of each pool but also go down the line of BQ, WQ, then Q only if needed. Maybe they weight it based on different portions of the test? Hmmm.

The algorithm is definitely interesting. Especially when you got some WQ that got referred and some BQ that did not. Meanwhile I’m P1Q and got referred. I always thought the 10% rule meant they had to hire within 10% of each pool but also go down the line of BQ, WQ, then Q only if needed. Maybe they weight it based on different portions of the test? Hmmm.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm P2-BQ Referred, but I'm sure I bombed or did somewhat mediocre for both the simulation part and the logic section of the test. Also previous candidates have given personal accounts where they have been referred in past bids but felt the same as I about not doing well in either portion. However I feel I aced everything else, while being quick about it, and did well in choosing ideal ATC candidate traits in the personality test. So from that logic, my reasoning is leaning towards how ideal you choose for the personality test or how QUICK AND ACCURATE you were able to complete the first section with the memory game of the number differences and variables being vital. But then again your entire test taking time could be a contributive factor too. But then again everything I've just said could be entirely irrelevant and maybe the FAA just draws names/numbers out of a hat.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm P2-BQ Referred, but I'm sure I bombed or did somewhat mediocre for both the simulation part and the logic section of the test. Also previous candidates have given personal accounts where they have been referred in past bids but felt the same as I about not doing well in either portion. However I feel I aced everything else, while being quick about it, and did well in choosing ideal ATC candidate traits in the personality test. So from that logic, my reasoning is leaning towards how ideal you choose for the personality test or how QUICK AND ACCURATE you were able to complete the first section with the memory game of the number differences and variables being vital. But then again your entire test taking time could be a contributive factor too. But then again everything I've just said could be entirely irrelevant and maybe the FAA just draws names/numbers out of a hat.
Who knows at this point ? maybe they base it off our resumes and the test doesn’t mean anything at all but it’s a formality.

Who knows at this point ? maybe they base it off our resumes and the test doesn’t mean anything at all but it’s a formality.
If only. But they have their own system in place to attempt and acquire the best and the most ideal candidates for the job. And so far it seems they've been doing so effectively. Can't disregard that aspect of their process.

I'll put in my two cents since I read through the compilation and scored P2 BQ in the first time taking it.

I would say my line of work heavily helped me in the ATSA- I work at a job that requires quick reflexes, fast reading comprehension, and quick mental math while sitting at a keyboard watching a screen for close to 10 hours a day. I am also a MENSA member so I would say that I am above average in pattern recognition problems.

I took the ATCPrep software and practiced for about 30 minutes a day- my biggest weakness was the variable memorization A/B/C problems.

Reading comprehension was pretty easy, I answered the personality test honestly.

I think one massive thing that is repeated on this forum is "I got 4 wrong on the sequences test and 2 wrong on the variable portion". These people cannot be relied on- there are inevitably questions that people have missed that they think they have gotten right. I remember someone saying they got 2 collisions on the radar sim and felt they aced every other portion. Guess what they said they got after we got our bands back? Qualified.
I say this because I consider myself above average intelligence but not at the end of the distribution in terms of IQ- by sheer statistics, you are likely an average performer. Close to half will perform better than you, and the remainder will do worse- it's a 50/50 crapshoot of listening to someone who performed better/worse.

Thinking about "How many I need to get right/wrong to score a BQ" is the wrong mindset. Just perform to 100% of your abilities.

And always, just keep moving on and try not to dwell on anything. You answered the question and you can't go back. Just focus on the present.

Last edited:
Thinking about "How many I need to get right/wrong to score a BQ" is the wrong mindset. Just perform to 100% of your abilities.

And always, just keep moving on and try not to dwell on anything. You answered the question and you can't go back. Just focus on the present.

Literally have this mindset the whole time guys/girls and you’ll do fine.

I noticed you mentioned “the multiplication at the bottom of the screen...” Just to confirm, they throw division at us as well, right? If so did they have three digit numbers divided by 2 digit numbers?

I took the test this week. The hardest part, by far, is the simulation and math part. I think my testing facility has defective computers because the simulation would load and multiple "planes" had already collided. As for the multiplication at the bottom of the screen, well, mine was there for half of a second at most. And there were 2 instances where the options for answers didn't appear at all. Good luck.

I can't get ATC Prep to load up on my computer. Never had this problem the first time. I tried to Mr. Robot my way into the problem but still nothing. Pretty sure their support team doesn't exist anymore because when I sent an email it immediately got kicked back.

I can't get ATC Prep to load up on my computer. Never had this problem the first time. I tried to Mr. Robot my way into the problem but still nothing. Pretty sure their support team doesn't exist anymore because when I sent an email it immediately got kicked back.
Had the same problem, contacted support and they said it was either windows defender or AVG kicking the program out. I uninstalled AVG and sure enough ATCPrep worked. Hope this helps.

As far as the prep goes, yall were saying the the max difficulty is still no where near what the actual test is like...is this the setting i should be using? also for the ones who have already passed the atsa and used the prep, were you getting 100% on the math and collision part of the prep?

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    947.9 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom